In-Charm Cupid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom
Reaction score
I picked up on the Enlightened Orchids Instant gratification deal and got from Ernie a really sweet box o' plants. This picture is the Paph In-Charm Cupid, (In-Charm Lady x In-Charm White). The In-Charm Lady is (Lady Isabel x glaucophyllum) crossed with the In-Charm White which is (White Night x godefroyae). It is a multifloral hybrid, the photo is of the second flower. The first was a bit larger & little better shaped. I can't wait until it reblooms next time. If it is as nice as this, it may have a shot at an AOS award.

I can't post a picture of the In-Charm Topaz nor the fantastic ((P. Verde Oro X P. Golden Days) X P. In-Charm White 'In-Charm'), because I made the mistake of stopping at my folks house on the way home. Mom took one look in the box and informed me that those two Paphs were going to stay at her house to decorate the table through Christmas. :mad: I don't mind, I always make sure there are a number of orchids in bloom at her house. She has a nice collection of Phals, that always has something in bloom, but she wants a little variety too, and that is where my plants come in. I'll get it back as soon as the flowers drop. :)

In-Charm Cupid-162-12-2009g.jpg

In-Charm Cupid-162-12-2009i.jpg

Mom took one look in the box and informed me that those two Paphs were going to stay at her house to decorate the table through Christmas. :mad: I don't mind, I always make sure there are a number of orchids in bloom at her house.

Most of my collection which actually flowers and doesn't need much attention lives with my parents where my mother used them instead of cut flowers. It makes her happy.

Nice plants Leo.

Most of my collection which actually flowers and doesn't need much attention lives with my parents where my mother used them instead of cut flowers. It makes her happy.

My Grandfather used to raise Cattleya under lights, way back in the 1950's. He was in the early group that first started exploring light gardens. He passed away when I was 10 years old. Once I was out of college and living back in the home town, I had started with orchids, and would always loan a plant to my Grandmother while it was in bloom. She lived to the age of 99. A few weeks after her funeral my mother informed me that my job of providing orchids was not over, it was her turn. So the tradition continues. And I still love doing it.

Leo-you have a heart of gold! That is so sweet! Now I know where Ernie's blooming In-Charm Topaz and the ((Verde Oro x Golden Days) X In Charm White) went. Fortunately, Ernie had another In Charm Topaz and several other lovely plants to tempt me with. You and your mom have great taste!! Diane

Yes Leo your MOM is very lucky, not just the flowers but the son you are also.... Jim.

Latest posts

Back