Peruflora's Angel

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvan

Multiflorals assassin
Reaction score
richteri x kovachii

It took two years for this plant to rebloom and the flower is pretty much the same as the first time. Still unsure if I'm going to keep it or not. I'll decide on the next flowering. :p

Phrag.PA.2016.Plant.jpeg

Phrag.PA.2016.zoom.jpeg

For some reason I always thought that this cross would be very similar to the Peter Croezen (pearcei x kovachii), but they are pretty different. The flower on the Peter Croezen is about to fall that's why it's so light in colour.

Phrag.PAPC.2016.zoom.jpeg

Phrag.PAPC.2016.Plant.jpeg

And a little picture with the first bloom on a Cardinale I bought many years ago from Piping Rock Orchids that looks more like a Sedenii. What do you guys think?

Phrag.PACPC.2016.zoom.jpeg

Phrag.PACPC.2016.Plants.jpeg

It's pink season in my basement. :D

Last edited:
Thank you for posting. I purchased this cross as a seedling from Peruflora 15 months ago. It has several growths but is not as tall as yours.

Suzy

Thanks for the nice comments :)

Thank you for posting. I purchased this cross as a seedling from Peruflora 15 months ago. It has several growths but is not as tall as yours. Suzy

I had one also from Peruflora and the plant was half the size of this one when it bloomed. So, yours might flower sooner than later. Give it a lot of light.

Just love the color. If you decide to part with it, would be glad to purchase

I'm in Canada :)

Very nice! I like the colours and spotting on the lip!
I have a multigrowth of the same cross which hasn't flowered for me yet. My newest leaves on a 10 leaf fan have faint purple tips - was initially hoping they were false sheaths. I assume it is from high light (direct morning sun).

Any tips to get it to flower?

very nice! I can't wait to see mine in bud! I think that mine are half size of yours, mybe next eyar

Nice, but why did you think x richteri would look like x pearcei?

Well, I've never seen a richteri in "person", but from what I gathered the flower and plant looks to be bigger than pearcei and I find that they look similar. You know, green. :) When My Peruflora's Angel bloomed with this small flower I thought that the Peter Croezen would be around the same size or even smaller. With similar colouring. I never thought that both the plant and the flower would be bigger.

Very nice! I like the colours and spotting on the lip!
I have a multigrowth of the same cross which hasn't flowered for me yet. My newest leaves on a 10 leaf fan have faint purple tips - was initially hoping they were false sheaths. I assume it is from high light (direct morning sun).

Any tips to get it to flower?

very nice! I can't wait to see mine in bud! I think that mine are half size of yours, mybe next eyar

I bloomed a multigrowths plant from this cross that I bough from Peruflora.
Very small plant :
http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38925

It bloomed while growing about 20" under a four feet fixture composed of 4 T5HO tubes 6500k (daylight). Regular mix of CHC, coarse perlite, sphagnum moss, charcoal. Watered every three days, always sitting in water, summer highs around 80F and winter low around 50F (only in february). Not sure if the temperature changes anything. But that's what I have in my basement. :) Very low feed every third watering. That's how I grow my plants.
Hope it helps. Remember though, growing and blooming slipper orchids takes time and a little patience (and lots of plants ;))
:)

Latest posts

Back