I can't wait any more!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My my, hanky panky goin' on in the greenhouse...and fast too. I love the
bold stripes on the dorsal and those red, twisty petals. Congratulations dad! The synsepal is splendid as well.

Excellent results Rick. The little squirit you gave me is growing like a weed but no where close to this size.

Jean, I contacted Peter a year, maybe 18 months ago. He has or was having family medical issues and thought he would get back to the forum. I guess it hasn't worked out but I do see where he posted back in March of this year.

Last edited:
Awesome Job! Seems to be liking the basket culture quite a bit! Is the media in the basket what you described in earlier posts: Limestone gravel and sphagnum?

Awesome Job! Seems to be liking the basket culture quite a bit! Is the media in the basket what you described in earlier posts: Limestone gravel and sphagnum?

Yup.

These came out of flask in September 2009. I lost about 1/2 of them prior to low K in May 2011. A couple of the biggest went into basket somewhere between Dec/2010 to Spring 2011. Even the ones in pots really shaped up after low K, but they are still way behind the two that went into the baskets.

Rick, that's a nice one - but what impresses me the most is how fast it grew to a flowering size plant. Not sure who's share to this excellent result is higher - that of the plant or of the grower.

Jean, I contacted Peter a year, maybe 18 months ago. He has or was having family medical issues and thought he would get back to the forum. I guess it hasn't worked out but I do see where he posted back in March of this year.

Thanks Rick!!! I hope he is ok !! Jean

Got an AM!!

Here it is both flowers open. Took it to the center and got and 81 pt AM!

Also this is my first multifloral that I raised from pollination to blooming.

Latest posts

Back