I can't believe it's really happening!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frost? The past 3 nights have been in the 20's for me, I'd be more concerned about snow! I'm sure they'll find something to do til then!

Frost? The past 3 nights have been in the 20's for me, I'd be more concerned about snow! I'm sure they'll find something to do til then!
Here too, Rose. The people who will put the greenhouse together say working in snow is no big deal. But it's a two-week delay, and I'm getting anxious!

Progress is slow, but being made. Since my last post, they've built a cement lip which will hold the floor pavers, filled the cement blocks with insulation, placed the pipes for water, gas and electricity in their respective postions, put in the sand trap for the sink
G-plumbing-sandtrap.jpg

and drilled the holes for the heater vents:
G-drilling-exhaust-hole-1.jpg

G-drilling-exhaust-hole-2.jpg

Next week, the sand will be poured and the interior of the blocks will be sealed.

Thanks Dot for showing the process! Lots of useful information in these greenhouse threads,like yours and Ross's, for growers who are thinking of getting a greenhouse.:)

Thanks Dot for showing the process! Lots of useful information in these greenhouse threads,like yours and Ross's, for growers who are thinking of getting a greenhouse.:)

Believe me, I studied all the greenhouse threads these past couple of years!

More activity: laying landscape fabric between peastone and sand layers. It was so cold and windy, they had to anchor the fabric or else it blew away!
G-landscape-fabric-before-sand.jpg

Sand layer being placed inside -- notice that the inside of the cement blocks have been sealed:
G-sand-spread.jpg

And the pavers for the floor came today:
G-pavers-off-truck.jpg

:clap: movin' right along! What's the countdown for the arrival of the glass?
It is supposed to come next week, but we haven't heard when. My best guess is that it will come late next week and we'll be putting it together the following week.

When can I come live in your greenhouse? ;)
When it's built, you'd better come quick because it will soon after be filled with plants.:D

It finally came today! I still can't believe it. Everything worked perfectly: The truck and the loader and our contractor all arrived at the same time, and all were a little early. It took a little over an hour to unload everything. It's all stored beside the knee wall, covered because it's supposed to snow big time this weekend, and waiting to be put together next week.

The truck and the loader, parked in front and ready for action (it was 11º F this morning):
G-Its-here.jpg

Unloading the first pallet. Altogether, there were 8 pallets plus 32 separate packages:
G-unloading.jpg

Last pallet inside a very long truck. More boxes beyond that, though:
G-unloading-deep-truck.jpg

Here's the loader taking a load down our drive to where the greenhouse will be constructed -- you can see the knee wall on the left, behind the guy (my very dear husband) directing traffic:
G-unloading-place.jpg

And here is the staging area, with the boxes all about to be covered with a tarp. We are supposed to get anywhere between 2 - 10 inches of snow by Monday, the day the crew is supposed to get here to put it together:
G-stored.jpg

Latest posts

Back