I can't believe it's really happening!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that looks like a pro operation, your contractor seems to know what they are doing...awesome.

chuckle. He's never built a greenhouse before, but he's had lots of experience building, and has accumulated excellent people to help him. And we did a lot of research!

Wow Dot that is a solid construction!!!!!

As you are close to a river, are you expecting problems with ground water?

I am very interested to see the next pics of your undertaking! Jean

As you are close to a river, are you expecting problems with ground water?
No. Although the river goes along the back of our property, our house is quite high, and the soil most of the way is a sandy loam. We've never had water in our basement, I'm happy to say. Flooding went into the pond near the river once since we've lived here, but even a 100 year flood would not come anywhere close to the house.

He, he... look at those sorry bastards with coats on. :)
I'll remember this when the hurricanes hit Florida.:wink:

Today's progress:
Placing the landscape fabric:
G-landscape-fabric.jpg

Filling with pea stone:
G-peastone.jpg

The block man decided to wait until tomorrow to start the kneewall. He thought the freezing temperatures predicted for tonight might be a problem for the mortar.

:rollhappy: and how long does it take for one's blood to thin as they say, it won't be long when the daytime high is 60 down there & he needs a jacket!

Wow! Your construction is coming along nicely! :clap: I'm so happy for you!!!

This part took two days -- The blocks are called split-face:
G-Splitface-blocks-begin.jpg

Now it needs to cure. More will be done next Monday:
G-kneewall-up.jpg

The bad news -- I found out today that the greenhouse structure won't be finished and shipped to us until the last of Nov/ first of Dec.:mad::(

Latest posts

Back