Hsinying Anita 'Red Bull' x roth ' New Balance"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
bud is very 'round' ...four buds

34434973143_da815dc9d8_c.jpg

this one is turning out to be a disappointment, looks like it may turn out to look like a small roth ...but I did see a bud pearing through a roth seedling today..exotic dancer x titanic GM

Paph Anita Baby, should be really nice unless the tag got swapped out with a straight roth

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Paph Anita Baby, should be really nice unless the tag got swapped out with a straight roth

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

it's not a straight roth, and I haven't heard of any Anita Baby's blooming or any pictures so I wouldnt know. I would imagine it would have a variety of flowers from dull to amazing...so far I am not liking any primaries crossed back unto roths (like most sanderianum primaries crossed back unto sanderianum)..they are turning out pretty dull..the only primaries crossed back unto species that I am finding consistently interesting are those primaries crossed back with anitum or adductum

why don't you list it here first? seems like your plants sell with very little effort

why dont you let it open and see what it looks like, first?

because I could tell it was crap before it opened all the way and yep it's crap..it also wasnt getting larger as it opened..it's a total dud...and apparently people on EBay saw it as that also..it didnt sell. I have seen enough of these F2 generation roth hybrids to see that it's a dead end breeding strategy...just like F2 sanderianum hybrids ...I wonder if F3 would be any better?

having issues with posting, have to break this message up in parts
.....that whole skip a generation meme..too bad, it's a beautiful plant. I will just donate it to the orchid society. I would feel bad selling it anyway, it's a junk flower ..I think we have reached the time with multi breeding where the great characteristics of the species is being bred out

Latest posts

Back