haynaldianum alba

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rollhappy: Thanks! You got it! If anyone is staying away from multis due to the size, I think this would be an excellent choice for a smaller more compact plant but has the AAAWE factor!

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful flowers!

My first flowering plant is on its last (of four) flower already, looks exactly like yours. I love these guys.
I've read somewhere that the albinistic haynaldianum is self-pollinating, and in fact I've got a capsule on the first flower. I didn't touch anything, I swear.

And then, my plant is from repeated selfings, must be a F3 or F4 generation plant from the one or few original clones. I wonder why no one (I knew of) apparently undertook two-step breeding with a normal haynaldianum. Look at wardii or sukhakulii, where albums where crossed onto typical flowers and then sibbed, to yield vigorous and better shaped albums. Can't see this in haynaldianum, all album look like the original "Charles E." clone with this funny dorsal.

Cheers, Carsten

Good question Carsten. I think JeanLux had really fine haynaldianum bloom out for him recently. Maybe he has some pollen for you to give it a go.

Good question Carsten. I think JeanLux had really fine haynaldianum bloom out for him recently. Maybe he has some pollen for you to give it a go.

I'll save some pollen of my album to put on a regular flower. I'd always use the album as the pollen parent, for the autogamy reason.

Cheers, Carsten

Fantastic display!!! I love the dorsal and the shape and colour of the petals!!!

Latest posts

Back