Guess what the parentage is (3);

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I've heard of either one!

Rick - it appears he's the only one working at this! It's over my head!

Just how long will he keep us in suspense?

Ramon is using some of my new crosses posted on this forum few months ago... I think is a good try!

I will keep the suspense on till 2009 at least ...
In the past few months, when people did post photos for "guess what it is”, I’ve seen many try from experts and connoisseurs... Now I’m wondering why it seems much more difficult to guess, with a well identified plant...?

That colourful one is sowing the lack of influence of caudatum at the same % in a cross. But show color dominance in lindleyanum and hincksianum.

No 3: Is lindleyanum x Mont Fallu (one made with hincksianum as longifolium the pinkish dorsal and ventral one) = 50% lindleyanum + 37,5 % longifolium + 12,5 caudatum. Again the two dominant are lindleyanum and longifolium, it is that why it look again like a Sorc. Apprentice.

As I said, it is not easy to put names on misslabelled plant isn't?
Enjoy! And I’ll wait for comments!

Thanks for posting the answers! It sure is quite interesting to see the domination of specific species in hybrids!

And of course, it's nice to see the actual bloom (or at least have a feel for what the flower will look like) of the hybrids on your sale list. :D I will need to save up a lot for spring, when your website or 2009 list is available! :evil: :clap:

Thanks for the answer! The comments about besseae being a parent really threw me, so I had no idea what it was, but it turns out there is no besseae in it!

Did you say this was on your sales list? Or maybe on your '09 list?

How many have bloomed for you, and what is the variation?

Interesting, nice pink flush. I am surprised the petals are so short, but the rest of the flower scheme makes sense. Thanks for the informative posts, I am still not convinced about the parentage of # 1. & 2. but I won't say it can't be either. That is why I try to buy several, 6 or more, of a new cross, just so I can see some of the range of variation.

Leo

That colourful one is sowing the lack of influence of caudatum at the same % in a cross. But show color dominance in lindleyanum and hincksianum.

No 3: Is lindleyanum x Mont Fallu (one made with hincksianum as longifolium the pinkish dorsal and ventral one) = 50% lindleyanum + 37,5 % longifolium + 12,5 caudatum. Again the two dominant are lindleyanum and longifolium, it is that why it look again like a Sorc. Apprentice.

As I said, it is not easy to put names on misslabelled plant isn't?
Enjoy! And I’ll wait for comments!

Interesting, nice pink flush. I am surprised the petals are so short, but the rest of the flower scheme makes sense. Thanks for the informative posts, I am still not convinced about the parentage of # 1. & 2. but I won't say it can't be either. That is why I try to buy several, 6 or more, of a new cross, just so I can see some of the range of variation.

Leo

Hi Leo, I do understand your hesitation and you don’t know me personally; it is very difficult to change our mind when our opinion is already made. But this time I did not just said something hypothetical, I’ll bring you proves you’ll asked and results of years of my work to demonstrate it. One thing I can say, there is no doubt for the parentage of #1 and #2. I’m not taking any chance when I do my breeding.

To get better stud plants, I will prefer to get a flask or a division instead as a seedling for sure... I’m always tried to keep a maximum of 25 seedlings from crosses to get all the possible range of variation. I’m always happy when a cross gives me only 2 or 5 seedling, that way I’ll keep them all.

Latest posts

Back