Guess Species

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done, randsii is said to be hard to grow (I don't know if it's true)

How long does it take to bloom one from flask? (a friend told me 12-15 years and he has bloomed sand, roths & others in 3 years :poke: )

beautiful and thanks for the confirmation of what the plant is....

12-15 years from flask??? hmm, guess that's 6 months less i have to wait then :/

Do you have any culture tips for growing randsii Truemadman? What part of the world do you grow your randsii in, anyway??

(psst. count again:poke:)

hmmm... i wish i knew parishii better to know whether or not it's that...
i dig on parishii. anyone know if it's hard to grow and bloom?

Parrishii is a pardopetalum from Burma. Sometimes they can hit some big floral counts too. The buds have that "parrot head" look like lowii and dianthum, in fact it will look just about like a fuzzy stemmed dianthum.

Growth and blooming is not that hard for parrishii, but supposedly a bit slow. It likes lower light than the other pardopetalums. It's supposed to be very hard to get good seed and germination, which is probably one of the reasons you don't see many around.

Do you have any culture tips for growing randsii Truemadman? What part of the world do you grow your randsii in, anyway??

I keep them rather wet all year round. Upper 20C during the day, upper teen at night. Very low light, less light than what you would keep paph parishii. And I think this speices, just like roth, is cool induced to produce spike. Hope this helps.

I keep them rather wet all year round. Upper 20C during the day, upper teen at night. Very low light, less light than what you would keep paph parishii. And I think this speices, just like roth, is cool induced to produce spike. Hope this helps.
This is good to know. I have a plant that I bought off of ebay, maybe 8 years ago. Three growths but has never bloomed and I'm really wondering if it is in fact randsii. I've searched the internet looking for good foliage shots but haven't seen anything that I can compare to my plant. Can you post a few plant shots here for us to see?
The plant I have, has a NS of ~14 inches with somewhat pointed leaf tips rather then rounded. The leaf color is on the light green without mottling. Does this sound anything like yours? I can post a pic of mine here if that would help.

P. randsii should be grown just like P. philippinense, only hotter and with more light. They are fast growers and should bloom 3-5 years from seed...... given lots of light, humidity, air and water. Need excellent drainage. (Young seedlings need Phalaenopsis light for 1st 18-24 months).

P. randsii is easy to tell from others, it has a thin, light yellow margin around their wide leaves.

Latest posts

Back