Greetings from Sydney, Australia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Crashman

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking a little and now finally got around to being a part of your great community. I have grown orchids on and off for some years, but have now decided to focus only on the slipper species.

I have seen some great plants on here, but Australian quarantine makes life harder for us (and more expensive). I have been growing a few flasks of the multi florals like praestans and have been doing ok.

Hopefully I will meet up with some other Australian growers on here and be able to share some plants, as well as advice from the wider community.

Cheers!

Hi Crashman, welcome to ST! Great to have another Ozzy to help balance out all these Northeners. Your not wrong about paphs being harder to get hold of here.....but things are slowly getting better.
What growing set up do you have?

Welcome from Kentucky...that's in the U.S., believe it or not. Glad to see
another Aussie to help with my growing glossary of Aussie slang terms.
It's always fun to learn new words. American slang has decended into
"awesome!"...sooooo boring.

Hi Crashman, welcome to ST! Great to have another Ozzy to help balance out all these Northeners. Your not wrong about paphs being harder to get hold of here.....but things are slowly getting better.
What growing set up do you have?

Hi Mike,

I have a 14 x 8 with a division in it to make a 10 x 8 and a 4 x 8. I heat the larger part to 16 C in the winter, and am going to add an evaporative cooler to the smaller section for the upcoming summer. I have fans in both parts, and automatic misting system. There are automatic roof vent openers in both parts as well. It is pretty basic but functional.

Cheers,
Stephen

Latest posts

Back