Goultenianum x supardii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not your run of the mill cross l like it, did you make this cross?
No, I can't claim any involvement. For years I have been looking at supardii and wondering what it might yield. The petals are a big problem (in my opinion in any case) and need to be paired with another that will either accentuate the twisty trait (like sanderianum, done already!), or something that has a dominant petal trait like roths or sukhakulii (both done with varying degrees of success). Positively it carries the bold dorsal and upright attitude through to its progeny, as well as strong pouch colour and shape. Goultenianum would never have occurred to me, but the result is surprisingly appealing. Perhaps that coupled with the results with sukhakulii are an indicator of a possible path?

A lot better than I thought it might be; quite nice actually. Probably better it 'resisted' the supardii petalls.
In crossings with Barbata, petals seem to be toned down a bit to become almost graceful? I was hoping for less flexing at the tips, but as you have said, .... The result is surprisingly good.

Quite nice flower (the colours especially), but that super glossy foliage is the true winner!

i have to imagine this one is the exception not the rule. great outcome though! really cool.

I'm glad to see that supardii did only very limited damage in this cross.
Plus, it is flowering, and it is free of any monstrosities.
On top of it, it has really nice flowers. Not much more to ask for. I'd have a hard time trying to resist if this was offered to me.

It´s surprisingly good for a supardii x Barbata.
And leaves are an extra feature on this plant.

I hope my Lady Isabel x lawrencenaum turns out as balanced as your plant.

Back