Good to be back.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gosh, it's been awhile since I've really been able to sit down and think. These past few weeks have been hectic to say the least. I graduated from UCLA, and the next day moved to a new place. Two days later I attended a memorial service for one of my college roommates who died tragically, just two days before graduating. The next day I went back to my home town (Monterey) to help friends move themselves and their stuff after they were evacuated from their homes in the path of the Big Sur fire. Everyone got a complimentary bag of marshmallows to roast on the embers of their property. We joke about it and try to smile, but everyone is walking around with all their fingers and toes crossed that houses are still standing. I just got back to LA this evening and went to pick up my elderly rats from a friend, only to receive the news that one had died in my absence.

Finally being able to sit down and breath feels really good. I picked through all my plants and found some spikes, and have been reading through all the posts I missed, I am also planning to attend the Santa Barbara Orchid Fair this next weekend. Being around the things I love seems to take the edge off. Life hits hard. Right now I'm just taking the time to look around and be thankful for it all. It's easy to forget how quickly it can all go away.

Thanks everyone, and remember to be appreciative for what you have. ;)

all this must have been very stressy!! So, just try to relax and recover somewhat, while going through all the wonderful pict. and stories in our forum!!! Jean

Welcome back. Life will get better, unfortunately we have to take the bad with the good.

Glad your back and sorry to hear about everything that took you away! I was complaining to my husband last night about Hwy. 1 being closed and not being able to get through Big Sur area when I had to check myself.

Sounds like a visit to the SBOE is exactly what you need. Keep the good attitude.

Latest posts

Back