Gongora citrina (?)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

Inguna

This plant was labeled as Gongora citrina, but I don't find information about such species.

Gongora-citrina9.jpg

Gongora-citrina-12a.jpg

Gongora-citrina-13a.jpg

Gongora-citrina8a.jpg

You may be missing part of the name. It may be Gongora x var. citrina. There is a galeata var. flava. citrina may be the same thing.
And that's a very nice one.:drool:

I have a very similar one what is Gongora flaveola.

Wonderful Gongora!

Edit: mine smells clove.

I was right! See Acropera citrina wich is a synonym for Gongora galeata. So you have a Gongora galeata var. flava. :)

No Rick, it doesn't smell citrusy. Fragrance is strong but it is difficult to describe it, something of chemicals :)

Ya I wouldn't expect anything easy figure out from a Gongora.

I've always thought about things like spices, wax crayons, and armpit all rolled into one.

My G. galeottiana is more pleasant with a stronger floral fragrance over the other weird stuff.

I was right! See Acropera citrina wich is a synonym for Gongora galeata. So you have a Gongora galeata var. flava. :)
Thanks! Maybe you are right, but judging from pictures flowers of G.galeata have different shape and they are held in a different way.

Different clones? different picture angles? There is always a wide variety in flower forms even in the same species. We are the same species, yet it's very unlikely we look alike. :)

Thanks! Maybe you are right, but judging from pictures flowers of G.galeata have different shape and they are held in a different way.

Despite the potential for name confusion from synonyms with G. galeata (which is also a fairly plain yellow flower). The structure/shape of the flowers really are very different from galeata and are almost identical in color and shape with Fabrices G. flaveola.

Check it out on Jay's internet Orchid encyclopedia.

Yes, I agree with Rick, it's clearly not galeata what is completely different.

For me, it's flaveola...

galeata has a very different shape of the flower, it looks like this:
gongoragaleata1.jpg

I believe, that flaveola cold be rigt
Best regards, Gina

Thats a stunning plant.. Wow.. I got some seed from Mexico recently labelled as Gongora "amarilla" which is yellow I am told. Hope it is as lovely as this if I can germinate it

Brett

Latest posts

Back