Gold Country Orchids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goods

Reaction score
I'm placing an order for a plant from Gold Country, but if I'm going to pay shipping I'd hate to pay for only one plant. Since they don't list many plants on their site, I was wondering what, if anything, people have gotten from Gold Country that isn't listed. I'm mostly interested in Angraecoid species (which I've heard they have a good selection of). I just don't know which ones to inquire about. Any suggestions are welcome though! Thanks

The angraecoid that immediately springs to mind is their Aerangis luteo-alba var rhodosticta. I know Alan has 4n's of these (he got one awarded last year check the csnjc website index* for an image and measurements) but whether he's selling them or not and at what price/size I have no idea. I usually email him with my wish list and he replies with the presence/absence of them in his GH. Pretty sure its [email protected]

*http://www.csnjc.org

It's always good to talk to people. I always find: It's a very good place to start (If I don't know what I want or need) to ask them to choose or pick! That way, by putting your trust in "the expert" you'll very hardly ever get any rubbish.

I have emailed him about the funalis. I just didn't know what other plants he had to check the availability. I don't necessarily have a particular in mind. I usually just pick up any Ang I can find since many are becoming increasingly rare. I have tried to ask a couple vendor's opinions on what I should buy and I've received negative responses from more vendors than I've received advice. A few were quite helpful but most usually don't have time.

Oak Hill's always the first place I go to when I'm looking for a hard to find plant. Mr. Greg and his family are great, and more times than not, they have what I'm looking for or can find it for me. I picked up an Aerangis luteo-alba var. rhodosticta last week from them at a show. I was asking about plants from Gold Country because I'll buying a division of Mr. Alan's Dendrophylax funalis and wanted to buy more than one plant since I'll be paying to ship.

Latest posts

Back