Every year the same problem.....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
.....to put my Clowesia russeliana in a good position to take some reasonable photos which show these lovely flowers on pendulous flower spikes in the right way.
You can see here, how I was able to do it this year.

10130_23.08.27_clowesia russelliana.jpg

10132_23.08.27_clowesia russelliana.jpg

I am assuming a cell phone camera? If I can make one suggestion. When you photograph cascading inflorescences, hold the phone both ways, horizontal and vertical, but with those inflorescences, I think vertical camera shots work so much better.
A419A694-1F1B-42EC-A5CD-919A4F1CC838.jpeg9E1F9D26-D43E-4CC3-992F-911EAC4869B2.jpeg
But honestly, orchid flowers are not the easiest of subjects.
I always keep that idea in the back of my mind. With my digital camera, I take 10, 15, even 25 images of some plants. I use a 100mm. 2.8 Canon macro lens. I send 12-18 images if I am the photographer that day, to the AOS. I let them pick and choose which ones that they like.
Oh, and I should mention, even though cell phone cameras have really come a long way, there is no substitute for a good SLR AND A TRIPOD. As steady as we think we might be, the results are so much better with a tripod.

Last edited:
I posted that hybrid over in the Awards thread. It was given an HCC of 76 points. It is Clowesetum Alexandra Savva. It is Clowesia Rebecca Northern x Catasetum denticulatum.

.....to put my Clowesia russeliana in a good position to take some reasonable photos which show these lovely flowers on pendulous flower spikes in the right way.
1) what a wonderful flower Rudolf !!! very nice color scheme and pattern on the flowers !!!
2) lucky you; if the only problem you have is not getting it into flower, but taking flower pictures after it flowered 😇
3) even so; nice photo !!!

"Every year the same problem...." - dear me, might we be in the realm of what might be characterized as 1st world- problems? 🧐

Wonderful flowers, wonderfully bloomed, and, after all, wonderful photos, Rudolf! 😍

1) what a wonderful flower Rudolf !!! very nice color scheme and pattern on the flowers !!!
2) lucky you; if the only problem you have is not getting it into flower, but taking flower pictures after it flowered 😇
3) even so; nice photo !!!
Wow...how old is your plant?

Latest posts

Back