Catasetum fimbriatum 2023

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a very special plant to me because I've grown this present of another orchis lover meanwhile for almost 40 years now. She was tiny when I got it and grow up to that sightly size now. She moved house with me two times and adaps to every growing area/conditions.
She flowers like clockwork every year and every year it's a challenge to lift her in a position which allows the natural development of the flower spike. Furthermore to take a reasonable photo isn't easy....but here they are.

100034_23.06.11_catasetum_fimbriatum.jpg

100036_23.06.11_catasetum_fimbriatum.jpg

What a show!!! and lovely photos!!
I love how "clean" and healthy the leaves look on yours.
Often, these plants have all kinds of weird spots, swollen areas and etc, which is a major turn off for me.

......I love how "clean" and healthy the leaves look on yours.
Often, these plants have all kinds of weird spots, swollen areas and etc, which is a major turn off for me.
Maybe it's a effect of my indoor / windowsill culture. I don't spray and therefore there are no water focal spots ... but I must admitt, last year I didn't watch out and the front parts of some leaves were direct at the surface of the window pane...and therfore burned by the sun.

Last edited:
As I took a second look at your thread, Rudolf, it suddenly dawned on me, that some of the flowers (seen from a specific angle) look like a costumeball accesory: the nose in the middle, eyebrows above, and a green moustache below... you only have to have a pair of horn-rimmed glasses, and you will be in business as Groucho Marx! 😎

Latest posts

Back