• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Europe only: 50 Orchids!, one parcel!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

John Boy

Hiya Guys, the day is approaching fast, and I'm preparing to move house. Before relocating the collection MUST BE streamlined, and so here goes:

The offer:

- 50 orchids
- bare root, where ever possible
- about 80% species
- Some NOID plants
- MIXED COLLECTION but very heavy on Cattleyas
- some Paphiopedilum Species
- adult plants mostly, but some JP's as well
- No pictures
- No names
- No Fuzz
- rare species are guaranteed

Starting bid: 200 EUROS; €10 increments

Shipping: within Europe at cost. Addition!!! Friday 5.10a.m.: EUROPEAN SHIPPING:
IF YOU'RE MAKING AN OFFER BE AWARE THAT THE PARCEL MIGHT VERY WELL BE LARGE AS WELL AS HEAVY. MEANING: YOU'LL HAVE TO BE PREPARED TO PAY THE EXTRA SHIPPING AT COST.

6005287989_099f5854ae_b.jpg

8713959089_25870ee3c3_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny.

I understand you want to buy the 50 plants in one shot but without name, it will be without me.
Too bad, there's probably some interesting plants (canhii? dark schilleriana?, you don't know???) but I don't have possibility to have 50 plants more in my growing space if I have already them...

Good luck.

understandable! It's a gamble. The thing is...: You could go back through my other posts, and get an idea. Part of the fun here is: I'm not interested in selling them off individually, and hackle for 30cents at a time. In return....blahblahblah!!!

OK, seeing it is open to Europe only, I have a home there, and will ship from there, so I will open at the required 200 (Hell I love auctions!)

Ouwwhhh, that is fun! But no shipping over here, so I cannot bid. Unless I take a ship and spend my holydays on the continent...

I'm not interested in Catts :snore:
(and I have no money left for a game of hazard)

I second what you said Fabrice.

Helping out someone is fine, price isn't a problem if it's worth it. But beside the big gamble, I'm not going to buy orchids I'm not interested in (and that I may not be able to cultivate). As if I'd told Popow to give me 200€ worth of plants
like I was buying vegetables.

It doesn't make sense to me. Definitely not my way of growing/buying.

Hey John, it seems that it takes a South African to have confidence in the hidden value of a deal. Should I just send you the 200 now and give you my delivery address in the Netherlands?:)

Johnboy I'll post here before the end of the day to let you know if I will be willing to make an offer.

Hey John, it seems that it takes a South African to have confidence in the hidden value of a deal. Should I just send you the 200 now and give you my delivery address in the Netherlands?:)

no way! i'm not intersted in the offer, but i raise to 210 euros. that's poker. :rollhappy: (and now there's some gambling)

Are you willing to reveal if the Cattleyas in the batch are bifoliate Cattleyas or unifoliate Cattleyas. Or are they both represented?

Hiya guys! Firstly.... the hidden value of the offer is defined by a simple formula:
it goes like:

200:50 x a mostly species based offer - comming from an old, and established collection x mostly very adult plants : what have you got to loose at 4 Euros a plant x common sense

@Marc: It'll be a mixture.

Just for ya'll to know: I've put the offer up on another german forum, and will cross-link the 2, so I'll be ending up with a half-decent deal myself. If I had the time and will, I'd be putting everything up on Ebay, and make a heck of a lot more money, so:

have a bit of faith, and don't be stingy!!!

And if you're stingy by nature: go through my other posts, and you'll get to see my collection!!!

5696538646_cd0f941461_b.jpg

Since I've been bullies into an ending-date I'd say I'll make a decision come MONDAY NIGHT!

Be aware!!!

Shipping: within Europe at cost.

EUROPEAN SHIPPING:
IF YOU'RE MAKING AN OFFER BE AWARE THAT THE PARCEL MIGHT VERY WELL BE LARGE AS WELL AS HEAVY. MEANING: YOU'LL HAVE TO BE PREPARED TO PAY THE EXTRA SHIPPING AT COST. which won't break the bank, but it'll be extra cost!!!;)

Latest posts

Back