Euchile citrina

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stone

Reaction score
I got a flask of this about 10 or so years ago and managed to raise 7 plants. My last 2 are mounted together here. Yesterday I crossed them so they have come full circle:clap: They smell very nice too!

Very nice! I've always enjoyed this species. I'll give it a try when I get a greenhouse.

Wonderful! One of my favorite orchid fragrances. I'm glad you crossed them, this species deserves to be cultivated more widely IMO.

Zack, you might be able to grow this where you are, just put it out for the winter and bring it in during the heat of summer...

Yes goods, I think you could hang it under an oak tree in Louisiana. Keep it quite dry in winter and shaded in summer. They really enjoy being outdoors.

Thats fanatastic news that they are doing well for you.. I hope to get a few from the EU next year.. Very hard for find though. Good luck on flasking the. I hope you have good germination.

I love these plants...real easy to grow also. I don't think they grow well potted, but thrive on mounts. I let it get some sun, but not as much as most catts or encyclias. Indoors in my cool room for winter, outdoors in summer. Frequently ignored, which I think is probably to its benefit.

Wonderful! One of my favorite orchid fragrances. I'm glad you crossed them, this species deserves to be cultivated more widely IMO.

Zack, you might be able to grow this where you are, just put it out for the winter and bring it in during the heat of summer...

Yes goods, I think you could hang it under an oak tree in Louisiana. Keep it quite dry in winter and shaded in summer. They really enjoy being outdoors.

Thank Nat and Stone! A local grower has been very successful with Enc. mariae in his greenhouse, so I think I'll give this one a try.

Nat, I still have you Dyakias too btw. This semester has been super busy, so I haven't been around much. I'll send you a PM when I'm home for Christmas.

Latest posts

Back