Enc (Prosthecea) chocleata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
This is another species that has been in my collection for many years. The original plant came from a member of my local OS, as a gift when I joined. It is an easy bloomer with a lovely fragrance.

P6300086.jpg

I bought my first non-phal. orchid in 1988, so just 20 years ago! It was a Leptotes bicolor, and finished this year's flowering 2 weeks ago! Jean

I bought my first orchid in 1984 but did not get seriously addicted until 8 years ago and have grown my collection from a handful of orchids to close to 500. Your Leptotes bicolor blooms much later than mine. mine has been finished blooming about 6-8 weeks ago.

I have a friend who was a gardener, and in his nursery, he had one house full of Cattleyas, large uni-foliate hybrids; this was where I got infected. That was long before 1988!! I always tell people who ask: number of plants +/- 500, this is without counting divisions, that I made of quite a number of plants!! Jean

a wonderful infection we have, LOL :rollhappy:

I would love to see your collection in person some day, as well as Luxembourg

Luxembourg is a very nice country to visit, and you are at no distance from Paris, Francfort, Amsterdam .... Here a link to some pict. my orchid-friend Yoshi made when he was on a visit

http://www.notsogreenthumb.org/ then on the left side => travelogue ==> Yoshi's travels => scroll for Luxembourg

I send a PM. Jean

Jean...I too know Yoshi but have not met him in person as of yet. I have some of Yoshi's orchids in my collection. He downsized his collection a few years into his retirement. He is an adventurer! Did he visit you during his trip to the French Open?

I received your PM...merci beaucoup

We (my husband and I ) stopped overnight in Luxembourg on our way from Iceland to Switzerland. Sweet little country. I wasn't into orchids then, though.

Nice cochleata, Ron. I love these "cockle-shells."

This is another species that has been in my collection for many years. The original plant came from a member of my local OS, as a gift when I joined. It is an easy bloomer with a lovely fragrance.

P6300086.jpg

Are they all fragrant? I have to smell mine when it blooms.

Latest posts

Back