Electronic-only publication

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quietaustralian

Reaction score
I read recently that the International Code of Botanical Nomenclature (old name) was changed to allow electronic only publication. Other than the fact the code has changed, I couldn't find further details. Does anyone know the rules regarding electronic publishing?

Mick

I read recently that the International Code of Botanical Nomenclature (old name) was changed to allow electronic only publication. Other than the fact the code has changed, I couldn't find further details. Does anyone know the rules regarding electronic publishing?

Mick

The wikipedia entry just says that as of teh Melbourne Code adopted 7/11 they allow electronic publication. They also have a facebook page....

Therer's a link at the bottom of teh wikipedia entry to an article called something like "Electronic publication, what this means to you." available as a download .pdf.

Last edited:
In July 2011 the ICBN began allowing electronic publication of descriptions. These must be:

1. In pdf format
2. Included in a serial pub or book electronic publication with a ISSN or ISBN number.

So it is not a willy-nilly race to publish anything. It must be accepted by a journal as always. It just allows the journal to be in digital format rather than requiring a printed format.

Latest posts

Back