• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Cal West Tropical Supply = Flori Culture?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Hey all…
Still trying to find a good place for supplies on the west coast and I went hunting just now for Cal West Tropical Supply and searches bring up Flori Culture in Fair Oaks which is very close to me. Does anyone know what happened here? Name change or bought out or? Couldn’t find info on website.

I’ve been aware of Flori Culture for a while now but they were still closed to visitors until recently. I was also thinking about going for the Hoyas but realizing they have much more…;)

Name change
Thank you! That’s what I was figuring but couldn’t find details on the website.

Are you still in Loomis? Trying to find a good place to purchase supplies that’s more local than my East Coast friends.
Love Kelley’s Korner, but it would be nice to get good long fiber sphagnum from somewhere a bit closer.

Heather
Flori Culture (cal west) owner Jonathan Robbins is now starting to open a few days a week.
they were hit VERY hard by the shut downs and are struggling a bit to recover. His stock is a bit low on some items and the website doesn’t show much but there is more in the store. He is a really good guy and worth supporting,
Tom

Thank you! That’s what I was figuring but couldn’t find details on the website.

Are you still in Loomis? Trying to find a good place to purchase supplies that’s more local than my East Coast friends.
Love Kelley’s Korner, but it would be nice to get good long fiber sphagnum from somewhere a bit closer.
Have you tried Greenhouse Megastore. I just found out there's a store in West Sac and curious to check it out

Heather, yes I’m still in Loomis. If you need stuff just call Flori-Culture. Johnathan is usually there and like Tom said he has times when walk-ins are welcome. I always call first though to see if its ok to stop by.

Tyler

I checked out Greenhouse Megastore and it was mostly more for commercial stuff but they were helpful and willing to help order anything that could be found on their website.

Latest posts

Back