Ebay item sold not fulfilled by seller!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting: both the EBay offering and this Slippertalk listing have the same exact wording other than the price mention.

I am speechless! Well, I will NEVER deal with this seller again for sure! :mad:

For one, I can accommodate if what was told to me was true, the plant was sold to someone else- but I guess it wasn't- and I offered to pay for a different phrag in place of Apple Pie (instead of getting it for free- although I purchased it for a 'reduced price' http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=354412#post354412). I think this is ridiculous! At least wait for two weeks before posting the Apple Pie here!!!

Now I am really annoyed!

For one, I can accommodate if what was told to me was true, the plant was sold to someone else- but I guess it wasn't- and I offered to pay for a different phrag in place of Apple Pie (instead of getting it for free- although I purchased it for a 'reduced price' http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=354412#post354412). I think this is ridiculous! At least wait for two weeks before posting the Apple Pie here!!!

Now I am really annoyed!

I understand your frustration and anger (I am sure I would probably get upset too if this happen to me ), however none of this c..p deserve any extra minutes of your precious time .
I heard that if you observe your emotion , then observe the person who is paying attention to this emotion (and puff, you could not find the emotion, nor the person who is watching it) Let it go, let it go... Leo..don't let this thing sucks you in its snare like a blackhole.
This is not life & death.. just a plant..(there are plenty of nice plants, and there are plenty of nice sellers around to spend money on) by the way, why don't you contact Chuck Acker to see if there is a division available.. or something is even nicer..I believe Chuck is a member of this forum now.. and he is a nice person.
you can go the high road regardless what the other person does. By the way, I think it is probably best you amicably cancel any further deal about this plant or any substitute for your peace of mind, you do not want something to remind you of a bad deal whenever it flowers (unless you are one of those zen masters who want to get into extreme mind training)

Now I am really annoyed!

I had no clue it was the same one.How did he miss this thread before posting it?

The seller is a liar and a cheat! He deserves to be shot and pissed on!

Leo, you need to tell E-bay what he's done. That kind of behaviour destroys the credibility of the entire auction process and that means E-bay gets hurt too.

Last edited:
We are great at self policing and I'm sure you all will wear your badges with pride. I have faith you will make sure he knows he's made a mistake here:>

To hell with this forum, i don't even want money from you people.

Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
Apr 14, 2012 Payment From Leong-Keat Chan RefundedYou have refunded this payment in full.
You have refunded this payment in full.
Details $43.00 USD -$1.55 USD $41.45 USD

Related Transaction
Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
Apr 15, 2012 Refund Completed ... -$43.00 USD $1.55 USD -$41.45 USD

Sent to:
Leong-Keat Chan
Email:
Deleted
Total amount:
-$43.00 USD
Fee amount:
$1.55 USD
Net amount:
-$41.45 USD

Date:
Apr 15, 2012
Time:
22:20:51 PDT
Completed

Subject:

You have sent $41.45 USD to Leong-Keat Chan with PayPal
Note:

Hey man, Here is a full refund of your money. I will still send you the kovachii hybrids but I really don't want your money as I'm being crucified on the Slipper forum for a mistake that I made. Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
.....and not being willing; or, able to comprehend the compounding errors of his ways, little Billy gathered up all his marbles and stomped away......Hey Billy, don't let the door hit you on the way out!

It's not the mistake that you made, it's the way you chose to handle it after the fact, that we find appaling and unscrupulous. The plant was won on auction at a price that you approved when you set up the auction. The deal was done....period. The bidder was very pleased, as he should've been. He'd done everything right and won the plant fair and square. He dealt with you in good faith. You need to honour your commitment to the winning bidder; learn your lesson about how to run an auction...and move on. Don't screw the bidder because you've now decided that you deserve more money.....not if you want to be respected.

Blah blah blah, respect from you? I think not..I want nothing to do with this forum nor its members..Have a great day!

I'll bet if you looked into it, you'll find that was a violation of Ebay's rules. I would demand they sel you the original plant, or they will be banned from ebay altogether.

eBay won't do crap. I've been through this sort of thing with them, both as a buyer from a bad seller and as a seller with a bad buyer. They don't give a crap. They just want people to keep selling so they can make money. They even charged me for the sale price of an item for which I was never paid!!

I had no clue it was the same one.How did he miss this thread before posting it?

Um, most of us don't have the time or inclination to read every comment in every thread on the board. Only found this by accident when I checked the 'plants for sale' listing and saw a reference to this thread.

Blah blah blah, respect from you? I think not..I want nothing to do with this forum nor its members..Have a great day!

It was so very nice of you, phragman, to stop by and share your love for your fellow orchid enthusiasts. I'm sure we'll all be on the lookout for you in the future. "phragass" might have been a more appropriate name for you to have chosen to use here. I hope you will grow up someday and learn the error of your ways.

I think it would be appropriate if

1) Leo would share with us the actual full legal name of the seller so we will forever know exactly who he is and may avoid doing business with him in the future. The seller, after all, took it upon himself to freely share here with the world Leo's full legal name and email address.

2) The moderators/administrators here would consult with Leo to see if he would like to have his email address removed from public view.

:)

Um, most of us don't have the time or inclination to read every comment in every thread on the board. Only found this by accident when I checked the 'plants for sale' listing and saw a reference to this thread.

as much as i see most of u post,a lot of u have the time.hahaha

I understand your frustration and anger (I am sure I would probably get upset too if this happen to me ), however none of this c..p deserve any extra minutes of your precious time .
you can go the high road regardless what the other person does. By the way, I think it is probably best you amicably cancel any further deal about this plant or any substitute for your peace of mind, you do not want something to remind you of a bad deal whenever it flowers (unless you are one of those zen masters who want to get into extreme mind training)

Chuck Acker has it, Sam Tsui does as well... However, the way to do is quite 'nha que' to be polite, it happened to me in Vietnam a few times too, sell, confirm, even take a deposit, then cancel and try to sell to my competitors who offer a better price. Usually it ends up in all deals broken for the seller when I am involved.

The polite way, when someone makes a mistake, is to eventually cancel the deal ( I think if I was putting a Mt Millais division by mistake on ebay for 100USD instead of 10.000USD, I would indeed cancel it, buy it now or not...), but not offer the item concerned.

The seller is a liar and a cheat! He deserves to be shot and pissed on!

Leo, you need to tell E-bay what he's done. That kind of behaviour destroys the credibility of the entire auction process and that means E-bay gets hurt too.

Total disagreement about the schedule, I dare to say, pissed on first, shot second is the proper way usually :rollhappy:

About Ebay, never hope anything out of them. There are many scams going on all around the world for orchid plants, other plants, and they never ever made anything to solve this. There are many sellers of orchids that sell fake plants ( like Kaj Nadal on www.ebay.de who even use photos from me, and many others), their names are known, they still are on ebay right now, and I do not speak about the Chinese ebay offers ( they may be contraband, but indeed, as I have visited one of those sellers, the plants are real...).

Those of you who are members of other forums should consider looking to see if this charlatan is trying to sell there. A warning to others would be a decent thing to do.

Latest posts

Back