Ebay item sold not fulfilled by seller!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Leo_5313

I won an awarded phrag earlier today on Ebay and a minute after I won (I was the only bidder), the seller sent me a message requesting me to accept a cancellation of the item- based on the reason that the item was sold to another buyer! I was furious- I have clearly won the item! First time I encountered this on Ebay (albeit the seller has no prior rating- so, a new seller! I should have been cautious about this)! I refused to accept the item cancellation! I sold paphs on Ebay too and I have always fulfilled purchases regardless of buyers' final won prices. Very disappointing and what a dishonest seller!

Well, sure, I would have then put a reserved price on the listing or start with a higher initial price or the seller should notify me that the won price was too low (I would never done this)- not based on the reason that the plant was sold to another buyer!

Sigh...yes, the seller emailed me back saying that the sold price was too low and offered me another phrag! I offered to pay for the other phrag! Well, it worked out OK at the end I guess but still I would have love the Apple Pie. The seller turned out to be very nice!

The seller turned out to be very nice!

You were mistreated. The "very nice" seller is not all that nice.....he/she did not accept responsibility for their mistake of not setting a minimum bid. They got exactly what they wanted and more. He/she ripped the plant out of your hands, sold it to someone else, AND got you to buy a different plant! What a deal for the seller. This is the epitome of "have your cake and eat it too". That sale should've gone through as concluded, with you as winner and the seller should learn a lesson and suffer the consequences from their mishandling of their auction. You were still robbed!:mad:

You were mistreated. The "very nice" seller is not all that nice.....he/she did not accept responsibility for their mistake of not setting a minimum bid. They got exactly what they wanted and more. He/she ripped the plant out of your hands, sold it to someone else, AND got you to buy a different plant! What a deal for the seller. This is the epitome of "have your cake and eat it too". That sale should've gone through as concluded, with you as winner and the seller should learn a lesson and suffer the consequences from their mishandling of their auction. You were still robbed!:mad:

Yes, indeed. I felt the same way initially. But then, I ended up compromising. Sigh...perhaps through this, I would gain a phrag friend- this would be worth it! If not...my lost indeed.

I'll bet if you looked into it, you'll find that was a violation of Ebay's rules. I would demand they sel you the original plant, or they will be banned from ebay altogether.

Bait and switch is what this seller practiced. It is illegal in all respects whether a new seller an old seller or a friend. It is wrong and is not done accidentally. You are not the first and you will not be the last with this seller. Their losses are minimal since so few folks press the issue and most get 'sucked into' the really nice seller shtick (as the saying goes, 'could sell ice makers to the Eskimos').

You have settled the issue with a clean conscience and that is very nice of you. And shame on the seller!

Before I get off my soapbox, will you please list who the ebayer is so that we are forewarned.

Yes, indeed. I felt the same way initially. But then, I ended up compromising. Sigh...perhaps through this, I would gain a phrag friend- this would be worth it! If not...my lost indeed.

You are a very nice person, and don't change who you are. your reaction is noble... in life, all actions will bring reactions.. The timing of reactions sometimes is not immediatly.
This seller will get what he and she gives to life, how he/she treats peoples. You don't even have to lift a finger about it, life makes peoples learn sooner or later.
You save your money..maybe you can use the 25.00 toward a FCC plant instead of an AM , you save your growing room for a better plant as well.
It happens to me once, someone listed a package of tibetan buddhist of 6 to 10 books, because of no reserve, & a low starting price (it ended up at a ridiculous winning price. I won, then 15 minutes later, I receive a message on my ebay that I did not win because the item is no longer available. First i got upset, I thought about give this person a bad review. Then I think , I save my money, maybe to buy even better books, I save space in my library. I learn to control my attachment to winning & losing.. I learn to let go of the itch for teach a person a lesson... so many benefits from a bad experience..( and I even chuckle, that this person obviously owned so many buddhist books , yet to learn of letting go)

I've never ran into too many bad sellers,but buyers always try to get over on me for some reason.You have the ones that take 2 weeks to pay,and my favorites are the ones that want a refund without sending back the plant.I can't leave out the ones who have nothing better to do with their time,but email you to critique the listing.They remind me of the AQ+/name nazis that troll a lot of the Orchid forums.My OS is starting to get quite a few of them now too.HAHAHAHAHA!

You are a very nice person, and don't change who you are. your reaction is noble... in life, all actions will bring reactions.. The timing of reactions sometimes is not immediatly.
This seller will get what he and she gives to life, how he/she treats peoples. You don't even have to lift a finger about it, life makes peoples learn sooner or later......and I even chuckle, that this person obviously owned so many buddhist books , yet to learn of letting go)

very commendable, and I think ultimately true. those who rip off and cheat and are slyly dishonest will in the end reap what they have so carefully cultivated for themselves

it is important that a person be in command of their reactions to other's actions; someone who reacts to everything, is in fact being controlled by other people, rather than being in control of themselves. i've heard that a person who can sometimes be considered to be 'dangerous', is someone who is in full control of themselves

Latest posts

Back