dillema...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

noel

hi,i saw this little beauty for sale at s$28 in my local forum....
the plant and flower should looks like this
DSC_0540.jpg

should i buy it or not?
please help me with my decision ASAP!!
because i think it is wanted by many people...

Aren't they native to your part of the world? Just stick it on a tree and it should do fine! Yes, buy it! I'd love to have one! I think they are fragrant too.

no,that's not what i mean,i already know how to take care of them
i just want to assure if it's good quality or not
and if it worth it's price....

Should be very fragrant. Nice Phal. bellina!

Value is relative. Is it comparable to price with other native Phals? It does look like a good one, and worth the price here in the US.

looks nice to me! I don't recall how many dollars is equal to a singapore dollar or how much adult plants usually go for, but if that were a plant up for sale here in the u.s. and it were 28 u.s. dollars, I'd buy it! I don't know if the flowers will flatten out, but if you like it I would buy it. it's all about what you like, unless you only want recognition in orchid shows with ribbons or such. if that's the case, then usually buying awarded plants or selected offspring of awarded plants is usually the way to go. I have heard though that having awarded parents isn't a guarantee of getting new awards, so again it's what you like best

the thing that sticks out for me is that there are three flowers open at once. i thought they typically just had one flower at a time.
i don't know much about this species, though, and i could be very wrong....

bellina can have more than one flower open when it gets bigger, or it's really happy. mine are all small and usually only have one at a time. this plant doesn't look huge though decent size, so three open is still pretty nice

it's pretty normal in singapore,the guy who sell this bellina had a 9 year old bellina with 10 flowers open at once...
the pic
PhalbellinavarSPMayHCCCCCOSSEA.jpg

this one is poisoning me....:drool:

it's pretty normal in singapore,the guy who sell this bellina had a 9 year old bellina with 10 flowers open at once...
:clap::clap: OMG!!! :drool::drool: Are the plants related? If so you'd better snatch that one up! Regarding cost, do you think it's worth $28? Doesn't really matter what we think, you're the one reaching into your pockets!

:clap::clap: OMG!!! :drool::drool: Are the plants related? If so you'd better snatch that one up! Regarding cost, do you think it's worth $28? Doesn't really matter what we think, you're the one reaching into your pockets!

i don't think so,:(
but he is reputable for his bellina....

If you like it buy it!!! :) That is the best motive!!!!! Then you consider the price... :p

There is such a large variation in phal bellinas (as well as the prices).. You basically pay for what you get. If you want a great bellina, then you gotta pay 'great' prices.. Even seeedlings may cost a bomb for the really round, flat ones.. Usually these have very round leaves and are more slow growing then the rest. I would be happy with the one you're contemplating on buying, noel.. :)

go get it they look awesome. who cares about the price as long as you can
enjoy the plants.

hi,contacted the seller and he said it was sold...
so i decided to buy this one instead...
DSC_0530-1.jpg

what do you think?
it's from the same pod(siblings),and with rounder flower and goes for s$ 22,but lower flower count....

Latest posts

Back