World Orchid Conference 2024 Taiwan

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I’m here finally and enjoying the show!

Here are some of the great people I met:

Olaf:

View attachment 45794

CxCanh:
View attachment 45792

Frank Cervera:

View attachment 45793

Harold Koopowitz and Michael Oii:
View attachment 45799

Royal Rhea (ST member)
View attachment 45797

Elizabeth (Cocoa Orchids):

View attachment 45812

Wenqing Perner (Hengduan Biotec Nursery):

View attachment 45795

Masato (Wakayama)

View attachment 45798

Ramon De Los Santos:

View attachment 45814

The WOC organizers including Mr Chen (Main Show):

View attachment 45811

And even shook the hands of the Taiwan Vice President!!
Love the photos and putting faces with names. You’ve obviously his the motherlode. Frank tried to get me to attend when I saw him at the Paph Forum, but it was too soon to get it together. Maybe next year? Say hello to Frank and Maria for me. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I’m happy to share my trip experiences with all my ST friends.

Today I finally got a chance to meet up with Norman Fang at the Prince Orchid booth at WOC. He really knows his Phals and shared his knowledge with me, which I am really grateful for the opportunity to learn from his years in that world.

62A5FF90-6605-49E5-AEF4-B8DD6D8E2004.jpeg

In this pic, we are with the owner of Prince Orchids (who created a fantastic line of Phalaenopsis schillerianas which I will post in the Non-Paph section). Norman is on the right side.

An information discussion on schilleriana would be welcome, in show competition schilleriana grown well and presented well can easily win best phalaenopsis species. Now if the form and color quality is also there the possibilities of awards are greatly expanded. Below is my schilleriana which bloomed last month, and is still a juvenile plant.

Attachments

• schilleriana 2024.jpg
    schilleriana 2024.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Schilleriana A.jpg
    Schilleriana A.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 0
An information discussion on schilleriana would be welcome, in show competition schilleriana grown well and presented well can easily win best phalaenopsis species. Now if the form and color quality is also there the possibilities of awards are greatly expanded. Below is my schilleriana which bloomed last month, and is still a juvenile plant.
Here’s the schilleriana post link:

https://www.slippertalk.com/threads/phalaenopsis-schilleriana-new-breeding-lines.56565/

Hi Leslie,
Who was the nice Canadian gentleman from Ottawa, I sat beside at the WOC dinner at the Queena Plaza who later fell and dislocated his thumb? I am just trying to get his email/contact details to keep in contact.

Kind Regards

Royal Rea

Hi Leslie,
Who was the nice Canadian gentleman from Ottawa, I sat beside at the WOC dinner at the Queena Plaza who later fell and dislocated his thumb? I am just trying to get his email/contact details to keep in contact.

Kind Regards

Royal Rea
He is Andre Couture, the Chairman of the AOS Montreal Judging Center. You can look him up at the AOS website for the contact.

Back