Desired species

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYEric

Reaction score
A distributor contacted me and asked what species most people in the USA would be interested in. Personally I am not into most multis, except for Albums or very dark ones.
Just curious to know, what 3 species you would order, A. if price was no object; B. depending on getting a good price?
Thanks.

stonei fma. album
anitum without crossed petals (ask eggshells-he knows;))

Eric-we are one in the same!

scenario B:
1. Adductum
2. Anitum
3a. Stonei
3b. Parishii

non-multiflorals:
Sangii
Tigrinum

and real BS tigrinums
established canhii
papuanum
violascens
hangianum
jackii fma. album
malipoense fma. album
vietnamense fma. album!!! GD said no way he will part with his.

and a few of paph mania's godefroyae's!

Under scenario B (I'm not ready to sacrifice my life for orchids under scenario A),
Among available Paphs:
P. javanica virens
P. victoria-mariae
P. tigrinum

I'm sure everyone wants difficult to get species like P. wentworthianum, P. bougainvilleanum, and P. papuanum.

Paph. hangianum, for sure would be nice. Particularly if it were available with enough quantity and frequency that it wasn't terrible expensive. I'd be willing to pay more for this species than I would for most others.

I'm not convinced I'd buy it unless it was affordably priced, but it would be neat to see some Paph. jackii available.

I'd most definitely love to see both/either of Paph. canhii and the newly described species whose name I won't even try to spell right now.

I feel like there aren't that many mature Paph. emersonii available. So, when they are available, the prices are way more than I'd be willing to spend.

Depending on price:
anitum
adductum
gigantifolium
Phrags:
brasilience (dark clone)
caricinum
hirtzii

I might think of more...

Latest posts

Back