Cyps in Spokane 2015

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

majorsm

Reaction score
Last summer was a hot one here. I wasn't expecting much growth from any of my cyps. I was pleasantly surprised to see my Sebastian Mountain King had increased from one stem to five!
08d46ed1904cfaf9f368bb7c9f5c9f31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Haggar... First time blooming for me after 3 years in my garden.
68221ef9f2ab9ad55d551a4dd0ddca50.jpg

Hank small... I love getting 5 flowers on only 2 stems!
c10f8222011b1ace3020312b84f369cf.jpg

Schoko... Also new... Love the unique color!
bdc03e4f4fd00cdca62f45f127776aff.jpg

I have purchased from Gardens at Post Hill and Raising Rarities. The plants I have received from GPH have been outstanding and healthy. This spring I ordered a hybrid from Hillside Nursery and was likewise impressed. It is exciting to see the variety and availability of hybrids increasing here. Unfortunately, I'm running out of room in my garden!

Cool, I figured you either got them from RR or GPH since they have the best selections of hybrid Cyps in the US. Ron grows some great plants so I always give his nursery a plug. BTW, he'll be moving out your way soon, so maybe in the future you can visit - but don't ask me when.

I'm really digging on the John Haggar, but I keep calling it Sammy Haggar :rollhappy: The flower looks a lot like many C. tibeticum I saw in Sichuan - ah, they are coming into flower right about now...

Cool, I figured you either got them from RR or GPH since they have the best selections of hybrid Cyps in the US. Ron grows some great plants so I always give his nursery a plug. BTW, he'll be moving out your way soon, so maybe in the future you can visit - but don't ask me when.

Ron is moving? Taking GPS too, or will he be discontinuing GPS?

I'm really digging on the John Haggar, but I keep calling it Sammy Haggar :rollhappy: The flower looks a lot like many C. tibeticum I saw in Sichuan - ah, they are coming into flower right about now...

I did read that somewhere about Ron relocating. Would love to see his operation!

You are lucky to have had the opportunity to see the Chinese cyps in the wild. I have really enjoyed your videos and blogs.

I did read that somewhere about Ron relocating. Would love to see his operation!

You are lucky to have had the opportunity to see the Chinese cyps in the wild. I have really enjoyed your videos and blogs.

Ron's Connecticut nursery is at his home, so it is a very personal experience to visit him. I'm luck to count him among my orchid friends.

If you have even a slight chance to get to Sichuan in late June, I cannot recommend too highly a trip there. You literally will think you died and had gone to heaven. It is beyond words, and Holger and Wenqing make the experience even more memorable.

Latest posts

Back