Cyp montanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have got to get up to Edmonton to an OSA meeting in the spring. Seems like there's always some one up there with cyps for sale. Is yours from Tom?

I have got to get up to Edmonton to an OSA meeting in the spring. Seems like there's always some one up there with cyps for sale. Is yours from Tom?

They are from Tom!

We do have quite a few members who sell Cyps. 90% of the time they are parviflorum var. pubescens, but occasionally you see reginae and montanum offered, and once in a while others as well. But even the parvis are incredible plants at excellent prices. I always seem to buy one even though there are more of them in my yard than there are peonies (of which I am also very fond)!

Yeah, good to know, I'd like to try a parvi.

I bought a hybrid in the fall from Shawn Hillis, "Marie", so it will be interesting to see how it survives - I got it into the ground in mid October.

Nice blizzard action going on here today; spring seems so far away. :sob:

Yeah, good to know, I'd like to try a parvi.

I bought a hybrid in the fall from Shawn Hillis, "Marie", so it will be interesting to see how it survives - I got it into the ground in mid October.

Nice blizzard action going on here today; spring seems so far away. :sob:

We are getting the same nasty weather up here right now. :(

I look forward to seeing how your Marie turns out. I have never seen one in person before and I've seen few photos, and it seems to be quite variable.

Hello Joe,
thanks for your explaination, it was of great help. It would be nice, if you would continue to post the progress of this plant next spring, summer and autumn. I will continue to try it myself, hopefully I will succeed.
Gerhard

Hello Joe,
thanks for your explaination, it was of great help. It would be nice, if you would continue to post the progress of this plant next spring, summer and autumn. I will continue to try it myself, hopefully I will succeed.
Gerhard

I'm glad I was able to help.

Of course I will post photos of the plants next year.

Latest posts

Back