Cyp. fasciolatum x acaule

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tocarmar

Reaction score
I just received this flask in the mail as a gift from our own Dido ( Christoph)!!!

Whole fask separated

Cypseedlings001.jpg

One of them by itself!!

Cypseedlings003.jpg

Great Photos

For me it was surprising too.
That cross made the biggest seedlings I ever had. :drool:
Only had one time big seedlings from acaule pure too.

So maybe this is the influence on that. :confused:

Hope one of us is succesfull in growing them:evil:

I wish I could grow cyps from seedlings. I can keep them alive for a full year, sometimes two,but that's about it.

what does apomixis mean never heard that word and my translater even dont know it.

Thanks was succesfull too.
Had a few time to google.

Oh well, I think it is not a selfing, because the one plant had 6 flowers at that time and only the pollinated one get a pot on and the second plant she had 4 flowers and only the pollinated one had seed.
This year the same with this 2 slippers and with japonicum as pollinator. But only a few seed this time.
So the chances is every time there but I cut when they open the pollen to ensure she cannot do it, but the chaces is there that a few of the are from a different pollen.
But I think this is true for all crosses. But what else would you do.
Cut the pollen cut the pouch down at this flowers so I see not more possibilitys to protec them.
Was using a plstic bag like they do it in the pollination of barley and other kinds, but often the steam broke.
Hope the flowers will prove it.

It maybe happened before. We think the last years that the cross of reginae and Acaule which is called Prof robatsch is maybe not the cross of the 2 Kinds.
If you look at the cross of pubescens and Acaule you see the influence of Acaule and when you look at robatsch it looks more like a flavum alba.
So it is hard to prove it.
We have seed made out of reginae and Acaule again, but till now my friend have no answer from his lab if it worked, so we are waiting and in some years we can tell if it worked.
The only thing is that the crosses with Acaule are not easy to make.

We will see what comes out in 5-6 years.

I have heard that the use of Acaule as a pod parent is hard to do!! But to use the pollen of Acaule on another should be fine!! I am hoping to make some more crosses this year as I am hoping to have more bloom out!!

Latest posts

Back