Current grow area

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
This is the extent of my collection right now. I had +/- 300 plants at one time in my grow room. Over the past year I gave away or sold most of them as we were getting ready to move....plus I am obsessed with golf. Our new house has several HUGE windows. The front room window is south facing, 12' wide and floor to ceiling so it is perfect for growing a few plants. Here is my current collection.....
Maxillaria sophronitis
Pleurothallis grobyi
Phal veitchiana....currently in spike! :clap:
NoId Phal hybrid (not in photo as it is on my desk)

I have three new Phals on order that I bought from John so that will fill up my little tray pretty fast. As I kept NOTHING from my previous grow room I have to limit myself on plants now.

Attachments

• Noid phal and grow space 010.JPG
    Noid phal and grow space 010.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Noid phal and grow space 011.JPG
    Noid phal and grow space 011.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 56
Here is my current collection.....
Maxillaria sophronitis
Pleurothallis grobyi
Phal veitchiana....currently in spike! :clap:
NoId Phal hybrid (not in photo as it is on my desk)

As I kept NOTHING from my previous grow room I have to limit myself on plants now.

That makes no sense! You need to get many more plants! :evil:

LOL thanks all. Right now I have no desire to have any more than a few plants in the window. Phals were the logical choice. I'll probably get a couple small Paphs but that will be it. We're tearing out the cedar trees/hedge in front of the big window this weekend so I will get a small plant stand for a nice display of orchids.

I got rid of ALL my growing stuff before we moved and won't be replacing it. If they can't grow in a window then they won't be coming home with me.

Attachments

• cedar 014.JPG
    cedar 014.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 47
  • cedar 015.JPG
    cedar 015.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 27
  • cedar 023.JPG
    cedar 023.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 40
LOL thanks all. Right now I have no desire to have any more than a few plants in the window. Phals were the logical choice. I'll probably get a couple small Paphs but that will be it. We're tearing out the cedar trees/hedge in front of the big window this weekend so I will get a small plant stand for a nice display of orchids.

I got rid of ALL my growing stuff before we moved and won't be replacing it. If they can't grow in a window then they won't be coming home with me.

Nice home! Good to see you are doing fine!

OMG, I'm sure all those gorgeous multis went to good homes, those lucky dogs!

Love your style Wendy!
beer1w.gif

Looking to be down to ten plants, by this time next year.

I could not give away my best plants :sob:
Especially such a superb sanderianum as your Rapunzel. You have no idea how jealous I was.

Thank you all! I will post photos once we have removed the cedar. I can't wait to show off that beautiful window. It seems a shame that it was hidden for years.
Next week is going to be a busy one with a new furnace and Central air going in and our electrician coming in as well to update switches and outlets. We just had an estimate done on installing a wood burning insert. Wow....expensive! LOL!

And 'Rapunzel' went back to the original owner/grower so she's in good hands.:D

Before and after photos of the new digs..........

Attachments

• cedar 014.JPG
    cedar 014.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Charles after 017.JPG
    Charles after 017.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 36
Updated photos of the grow table. I have one more table to use when this one is full then that's it for plants.

Attachments

• Phals Jan 2014 030.JPG
    Phals Jan 2014 030.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Phals Jan 2014 032.JPG
    Phals Jan 2014 032.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 42
How'd I miss this thread? I just found it and I see that you started it in September! Your table looks nice. There's room to add more to it...and you could put another layer underneith too. I remember you saying that your Plr. grobya was not so happy in the new place. What about getting a large mouth jar, like a very big pickle jar and hanging the plant off the rim, on the inside. Also, add an inch of water in the bottom. That will make a nice microclimate around the plant, while the large, open top will allow excess heat to escape.

Latest posts

Back