Coryanthes bud progression

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you will be able to take pics while opening. My Corys opened all in the late morning, after having some daylight, and inbetween two hours. It´s qiute exiting to watch this progress.
Best regards, Gina

I hope you will be able to take pics while opening. My Corys opened all in the late morning, after having some daylight, and inbetween two hours. It´s qiute exiting to watch this progress.
Best regards, Gina
Shoot! I missed it. My oldest son got married this weekend, and had to spend a lot of time on Saturday setting up , and today tearing down. The wedding did go over very well IMHO.

When I left the house at 8 Am the buds where not open in the slightest, but when I got back at 3 PM

Another shocker is that this is not C. macrocory, but apparently C. fieldingii (which is also on the Oakhill pricelist, so I guess a label mishap).

There is 20 cm from one end of the flowers to the other. Smells kind of like liquorice and antiseptic. I pulled the pollen to see if I can breed it.

Enjoy!

Great job Rick! Nice flowers. Do they have a fragrance?

Yes. Smells kind of like liquorice and antiseptic. On Sunday you pretty much had to stick your nose in the bucket to smell them. But this morning the whole GH was infused. Even with 3 open Bulbo echinolabium blooms!!

Thank you, I will now be having killer-man eating orchid dreams. Seriously cool blooms, but they kinda give me the creeps :)

Very nice, impressing flowers, I like this species and the fragrance.
I´m sure that the wedding was more exiting than the opening of the flowers!

Holloween Cory

Here's a picture 3 or so days later, and it looks like one of the capsules is developing from the selfing.

Latest posts

Back