Coming soon

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvan

Multiflorals assassin
Reaction score
I'm not really fond of bud pictures... But I had to share my excitement
with you guys :)
So hum..let's play the guess the hybrid name game! lol

twjd.jpg

m91x.jpg

nope! It's not my "used to be Bouley Bay now probably Acker's Charm"
But they do look the same at that stage...

..and another one... lol
sorry for all the pics. It's the first time that I can witness the blossom of
a phrag and I'm finding that to be very amazing :)

l7r6.jpg

It's fun to watch them unfurl, the really long petaled ones can change by hour!
Is Grande a parent?

Mine isn't a long petaled one (well sort of, since it has Grande as a parent :)) ...
But I'm still go outside and look at it every hour.. lol

5vqx.jpg

The petals aren't changing as much as the dorsal & synsepal!
Grande x kovachii

You're right! It's Phragmipedium Frank Smith ...Well that was easy.. or you're very good :clap:
It does look a lot like the Incan Treasure..must be the longifolium in Grande that gives that shape to the petals...
the dorsal and synsepal are huuuge compared to the petals..but the flower hasn't finish opening yet. It might get better :)

:rollhappy::rollhappy: Trust me I'm not that good, why can't I take a lucky stab like this & win the lotto?! I thought I saw Grande, caudatum & at one point longifolium but that last pic with the huge dorsal & synsepal - it had to be kovachii! It will be interesting to see this flower on the 3rd-4th blooming, keep it up! :clap::clap:

I'm a tad disapointed, but I've learned, like you, not to judge a first blooming phrag... so I'll keep hoping for a better shape the next time around.. As you're
keeping faith on winning the lottery one day ;)

59n2.jpg

gtqn.jpg

I think there's another bud coming, but it doesn't seem to be for anytime soon (look at the third and fourth picture)..
As for cutting off the flower, I think it's a bit too late for that. I should have cut
the stem when it started growing, as I knew that it might be a poor flower since I've neglected my plants the last couple of months..but curiosity got the
best of me.. :)

And beside, the flower seem to start looking a bit more decent,...

7hqk.jpg

5ium.jpg

Latest posts

Back