Cochleanthes amazonica

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo Schordje

wilted blossom
Reaction score
I love this one, if the flowers last, it may go to judging Saturday. It is in a 4 inch pot. I put it in with the Paphs and forgot about it. Found it in bloom this week.

Cochl-amazonica1155-bloom8-2009b-text.jpg

with a quarter to get a sense of just how large the flowers are.
Cochl-amazonica1155-bloom8-2009a-text.jpg

Cochl-amazonica1155-bloom8-2009c-text.jpg

Wow Leo, an absolute beauty!!!! I love these large white flowers with their fine design on the lip!!!! (But I killed already 2 of them :eek:) Jean

I love this one, it is totally on my wishlist. My favorite part has got to be the purple lines. :)

:clap: It's a stunning species. You're doing very well with your plant. It must like being with the paphs. It looks very healthy in what looks to be a fairly small pot, and three flowers! I can only manage one at a time on my plant.

:clap::clap: Great job! Is today judging ........ or was it yesterday? Don't keep us in suspense!:drool:

If it was at Chicago JC judging yesterday, I missed it. Yes, family wins over orchids on nice summer days.

-Ernie

Hey Ernie,
I ended up at the IOS Picnic at Oak Hill Gardens instead. Lois & George, and Sue G were there (instead of at judging !!!) I raided their picnic baskets. :evil: They fed me well. I still can't drive yet, still waiting for the collar to come off. Can't turn my head enough to check the blind spots when driving. So arranging transport is a bit of an issue. I was able to arrange a ride to Oak Hill, but not the CJC.
I did drag the Cochleanthes along, Herman thought it was very nice, he chuckled at the Oak Hill tag in the pot. And he said that the purple lines were not as intense as they should be. So I hope to bloom it next time with more flowers, enough more that the lack of intensity in the lines would not be noticed. :wink:
I need to get out more. Hopefully soon.
Leo

for me they are top beauties nevertheless :):)!!!! Did I miss that you had health problems Leo, or didn't you post about it? Jean

for me they are top beauties nevertheless :):)!!!! Did I miss that you had health problems Leo, or didn't you post about it? Jean

Yeah, he was driving down the road and saw some slippers out of the corner of his eye. He turned his head so fast, his neck snapped, and the doctors had to glue it back together.

-Ernie

Yeah, he was driving down the road and saw some slippers out of the corner of his eye. He turned his head so fast, his neck snapped, and the doctors had to glue it back together.

-Ernie

Glue, Screws and a Titanium Strap holding 3 cervical vertebrae together. I didn't post. Wasn't making it a public thing, but I forgot myself. Surgery was several months ago, I am slow at knitting bone. Hopefully only a couple more weeks in this brace.

I like Ernie's descrition better than what my brother tells people; "that I fell off a bar stool".

Latest posts

Back