Quantcast

Cinnamon info needed

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

P

patrix

I hear alot about using cinnamon. Does it matter what type? and how does one apply it- I was going to use a small paint brush and dob it as needed. Could one make a plaster of it and apply it to a leaf with a discrete damaged area like one would use a spot treatment for acne?

Sangii

malipo nut
Reaction score
I have used cinnamon in many ways for its antibacterial action. I usually either dust it on edges after removing infected areas or apply it as a paste (mix cinnamon poxder and water) to the areas that need it ! Make sure you never use it on roots as it inhibits root growth...

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
I use Vietnamese, just cause it tends to be nice and strong, but I like the scent (and taste in my food). I usually just dump a little in the palm of my hand and then dip the cut leaf surface in it.

B

Barbara

I had a little gray mold growing on my cattlya and I just sprinkled some on the area. One day latter there was no sign of the fungus. I also moved it to a less humid area where it was warmer. Must always correct the growing environment as well. I have also used garden sulphur under extreme situations. AKA, soft brown rot.

Latest posts