Chiu Hua Dancer 2016

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice. Do you grow this bright or fairly shaded? Your leaves are definitely a shade darker than on my CHD...

Gorgeous plant and flower. Your leaves are so pristine! :clap:
What is the LS? It looks compact.

Beautiful! I expect mine to start showing a sheath soon....at least I'm hoping.

I'm sure it will soon. Mine started and we got our plants around the same time ;)

The blooming growth is about 25in across. I must admit, it took me a while to figure this plant out. It wants conditions more like those for a mottled leaf paph than a multifloral. It HATES bright light and it can't handle being sprayed with anything. I grow it about 20in from a 2-bulb flourescent shop light with the bulbs overdriven to 55w each, feed it with 30-10-10 and only give it calcium once a month or so. Still, despite all the setbacks, I've managed to rebloom it in 1.5 years, so that's not too bad.

The blooming growth is about 25in across. I must admit, it took me a while to figure this plant out. It wants conditions more like those for a mottled leaf paph than a multifloral. It HATES bright light and it can't handle being sprayed with anything. I grow it about 20in from a 2-bulb flourescent shop light with the bulbs overdriven to 55w each, feed it with 30-10-10 and only give it calcium once a month or so. Still, despite all the setbacks, I've managed to rebloom it in 1.5 years, so that's not too bad.

Thanks for the cultural info ! I cheated and bought mine in bud ! Hoping mine doesn't take 500 + days to bloom again....I may not see that.:D

Dammit yours is blooming!! Mine started pushing up on a new growth now bigger than the oldest growth and stopped and started pushing up on the oldest growth???? Maybe I'll get 2? fingers crossed!! Yours looks great!!! Congrats!!

I look at mine daily, but like a watched pot not boiling, no flower spike. Maybe I need to ignore it!

Susan

So my chi hua has two older growths (one bloomed last year), and I have two new growths coming in (one is growing faster then the other). The oldest leaves have started to yellow and look weak. Is this due to too much light?
Everything else is looking great and she seems happy as can be otherwise. Just wondering what I should do about the yellowing leaves?

So my chi hua has two older growths (one bloomed last year), and I have two new growths coming in (one is growing faster then the other). The oldest leaves have started to yellow and look weak. Is this due to too much light?
Everything else is looking great and she seems happy as can be otherwise. Just wondering what I should do about the yellowing leaves?

The newer growths are using the goodness out of the older leaves. i would leave them until they are ready to be removed easily.

Ed

Tony
Come on now, that was not snarky ;)

I have to agree with Botany Boy! Great hybrid! Can't wait for mine to flower again.

As promised, real pictures.
DSC_6215.jpg

DSC_6222.jpg

Latest posts

Back