Cattleya rex 2023

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New leads are good! For me, the only time the plant puts out new roots is once the new growth is complete. So make sure it is in a stable position at that time, which should be in about 4 months for you. Hopefully it's a big enough growth to bloom in late summer!

I can't say, there is a single one of your rex'es, that I don't like! 🥰 Of the latest ones Wayra has a regal stance, and the Nina/Unu-complex sone great colouring!

Of.my own recently acquired and newly repotted rex'es, the one of the two is growing a new lead. I guess, that is to be taken as a good omen?

PS. Took another look at Wayra - and can't say a word against its colouring either!

I have tried hickory bark which worked amazingly well (an old tree fell at my parent's place), and I have a seedling on cork that seems to be ok as well.

My rexes stay in flower about two weeks. Chadwick's article on rex says they last a month. Could be a difference in variety.

I have tried hickory bark which worked amazingly well (an old tree fell at my parent's place), and I have a seedling on cork that seems to be ok as well.

My rexes stay in flower about two weeks. Chadwick's article on rex says they last a month. Could be a difference in variety.
Chadwick’s also says they are very easy to take care of…Hmmm, if they are so beautiful and easy to grow, why are they so hard to find??

Latest posts

Back