Cattleya Jennifer Off ‘Joan’ 15 cm NS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful, amazing color and flares congrats! How's the fragrance?

Not trying to steal any thunder, just glad to see someone else growing this. The fragrance on this hybrid is an absolute plus. The flowers last and travel very well, usually displaying themselves enthusiastically with average flower count being very uniform per inflorescence. It competes very well and can easily win best cattleya hybrid in a show. Cheers

Attachments

• Jennifer Off  Joan Title.jpg
    Jennifer Off Joan Title.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Not trying to steal any thunder, just glad to see someone else growing this. The fragrance on this hybrid is an absolute plus. The flowers last and travel very well, usually displaying themselves enthusiastically with average flower count being very uniform per inflorescence. It competes very well and can easily win best cattleya hybrid in a show. Cheers
That is what made something a great cut flower plant. Many flowers on compact, upright growths and flowers that are sturdy and last.

I think it was my plant (grown beautifully by DavidB) that inspired SouthernBelle to get this wonderful plant. Nicely flowered!

What size pot is that one in? Great plant!! Great bloom!!

I think it was my plant (grown beautifully by DavidB) that inspired SouthernBelle to get this wonderful plant. Nicely flowered!
Yep, Leslie, I've chased your splash petals to the ends of the earth to find a couple. This and C. trianae semi-alba flamea 'Kathleen' are both spectacular plants. Interestingly, at last year's NCOS show in MD, Waldor was a vendor and had a huge selection of gorgeous catts. They had several Jennifer Off 'Joan'. Mine had not come into bloom then, but compared to the ones they brought (4 or 5 plants), mine is a much better meristem for some reason, with considerably larger flowers. From memory, I actually thought mine was an original division based on the comparison, until I got home and looked at my tag. I'm really pleased with this plant.
And 'Kathleen' is a monster grower. Mine was divided June of 2022 and is completely growing out of the pot. I put it sort of deep in the pot hoping to contain the new growth/roots. It didn't work. Right now it has 12 spikes on 12 mature leads (2 buds each, except at least one has 3 buds). Plus, there are another 5 new leads not yet mature. My most expensive plant (an original division from Orchids Ltd.), but I always say she sure earns her keep! If I wanted to sell divisions I could make my money back with one dividing splitting into 3-4 bulb divisions. It's interesting, this will spike from sheaths that are completely brown and dried, or with no sheath, or with green sheaths!! Crazy producer of flowers. Here it is right now.

IMG_3016.jpeg
IMG_3017.jpeg

Last edited:
And my one from you has become three! Amazing how many air roots that you get.
You’ve divided it into 3? This could easily be, as well. Why do you think I get so many air roots. My humidity stays at 50-60%. Is that contributing? Or do I just need to repot more often? This was repotted 18 months ago, though and is really growing out of pot.

Latest posts

Back