C. Prism Palette ‘Carnival’ (C. Colorama x C. Horace) AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This one from Orchid Alley. I have another from Waldor in spike. This is original division of Stewart’s plant, other is original division of the awarded plant from Waldor, so I’m interested to see the flowers together. This one had 3 flower on the spike but I broke one off 🙃. Two maturing on another spike. 15.5 cm NS. Would be more but petals recurve.

Attachments

• IMG_2221.jpeg
    IMG_2221.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2222.jpeg
    IMG_2222.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Love the overlapping petals. These pelorics aren’t to my personal tastes, but it’s beautifully growth and flowered, congrats!

When you look at the two parents, you realize that Prism Palette is an ideal blend of the shape of Horace and the coloration of Colorama. Colorama has a pretty poor shape, so it is fortunate that Horace dominated.
My understanding is that is the exact reason why Horace has been a workhorse for breeders for decades and is still used frequently today. It really dominates the form, and improves the shape of pretty much anything it is crossed with.

My understanding is that is the exact reason why Horace has been a workhorse for breeders for decades and is still used frequently today. It really dominates the form, and improves the shape of pretty much anything it is crossed with.
That is what I have heard/thought. I feel lucky to have found a mericlone of Horace and it is now a multigrowth plant with a sheath on the most recent growth. I am hoping for flowers this fall/winter. The size and form of the Horace ‘Maxima’ awarded an AM was amazing.

That is what I have heard/thought. I feel lucky to have found a mericlone of Horace and it is now a multigrowth plant with a sheath on the most recent growth. I am hoping for flowers this fall/winter. The size and form of the Horace ‘Maxima’ awarded an AM was amazing.
Pray your meristem remains virus free as I believe the original is virused.

Latest posts

Back