Catt. trianae var. coerulea

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the first flower of this plant and I like it very much. After flowering few plants in the last few months, which were 'cuckoo's eggs', this means they weren't what was written on the tag, this time everything seems to be o.k. I took two photos with different backgrounds, a dark one and a light one...but in this case I would prefer the dark one due to the colouration of the flower. With the light background the flower seems to drown in it.
Enjoy.
09666_23.04.02_catlleya_trianae_var.coerulea.jpg

09668_23.04.02_catlleya_trianae_var.coerulea.jpg

Love the brig frilly lip. Lots of nice color there too. Is it a seedling or a division?

Yes a white background often swallows the flowers. I went to an orchid show last weekend and the whole display used a white backdrop and it was NOT a good idea.

Yes a white background often swallows the flowers. I went to an orchid show last weekend and the whole display used a white backdrop and it was NOT a good idea.
Indeed, light flowers seem to drown in a white or light backdrop. Without it being a coerulea I wouldn't have taken the white background at all.

Latest posts

Back