Calceolus in bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It is a great pleasure to me, I have been searching it for more than 20 years, invain ( calce live in wild in my country, but very rare). Finally I could buy two ones from legal source in last year, this year one of them turned to bloom. Enjoy!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nice flower I never found them in nautre and I am living in his natural habitat too.
all mine turned out to be from the chinese form
bought this year another one, lets see if it is true or not.

Many thanks for comments!
Rick, yes, it is living in the ground, in full light, exept between 10-16 hours, this period they get about 60% of full light. Absolutely hardy, I can tell I did nothing with them only water if weather is very hot and dry.

Dido, yes, very hard to find in nature, now I'm happy to see one alive but I won't give up to find and see it in natural habitat.

Last edited:
Are the rocks to help protect the plant? Are you concerned the rocks are preventing new shoots from coming up?

It is a rock-garden, I planted cyps on the shady side of that. There is enough place between rocks so new growths will find their way to the surface, I'm sure.

Latest posts

Back