• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Buying space

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StreetVariety

Reaction score
Hello slippertalk denizens!

I'm looking to rent your space and care for my slippers! I'm a Bostonian who's about to go to school in Washington DC. I need to downsize my collection for 2-3 years, and I simply can't part with any of my slippers. So, if there's anyone en route between Boston and DC who are willing to take care of my slippers for payment. That'd be great!

Please PM me so that we can discuss fine details.

I have 25 slippers and the number of slippers that I'll rent out is dependent on the details of the agreement. I'm going to Gallaudet university. I'm not aware of that, and I plan to go school during that time, and I would really like to have orchids out of the way before that.

25 plants does not sound like you need a big space .
I am sure you can have 25 plants with you at school
-I use 18"W x 21"L x 45"H carts
-Each of the tray in my very small cart (carry 12 plants)
-I have 3 to 4 tiers per cart, so a small cart capacity is 36 to 48 plants

StreetVariety- during my years in college and graduate school (much of that in shared accommodations), I grew out several flasks, bloomed Vandas and without too much hassle.

I realize you did not request advice on how to take the orchids with you, and apologies if this is unwelcome, but if that is a possibility for you- feel free to post here or PM me and I can offer thoughts.

With current products available, there is a good chance you can create a setup to handle 25 Paphs, and in some cases create some additional storage space in the same structure for other things, for less than $200.

It has been a long time since I boarded orchids- but I did do that during college for a time (20 years ago) and it cost me about $1 per plant per month from a good friend. For 25 plants, that is $300 a year, and more than a DIY setup that can be quite compact and portable.

You may also want to check out the university of Maryland greenhouse. The rent out bench space and it is an easy metro ride up there from where you are going to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back