Bulbophyllum lobbii var. siamense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
Flowers since 4 years in june; after dividing the plant last year, here pict. of the backbulb flowers: Jean

bulbophyllumlobbiivarsiik7.jpg

bulbophyllumlobbiivarsizm7.jpg

How big is this flower Jean?

I am not good in using your abrev. for describing a flower size and other char. (by the way, is there a thread describing these?) :eek::eek:

so, from dorsal sep. top to petal end 12cm, widest spread for lat. sepals is 6 cm, flower stalk is +/- 25 cm.
Jean

Very nice, Jean..! :) I think yours has quite dark colour... If I'm not mistaken, usually var. siamense has lighter coloured flowers than typical lobbii...

I did not know about these differences!! In the book 'Bulbophyllums and their Allies', Siegerist brings var. siamense as a synonym for the normal form!? :eek: :eek:
Jean

I did not know about these differences!! In the book 'Bulbophyllums and their Allies', Siegerist brings var. siamense as a synonym for the normal form!?

Jean, I may be wrong. I say that based on the pictures I've seen on the net etc... Quite many pics of var. siamense are of pale yellowish flowers whereas normal lobbii have darker patterning and may be very colourful.. Anyone else care to chip in? :) Ron?

Latest posts

Back