Bulbophyllum cf. aggregatum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naoki

Reaction score
Bulbophyllum aggregatum

I purchased this as Bulbophyllum horizontale via Madagascar import of Louisiana Orchid Connection in March 2017 (a couple month ago). But it is obviously miss-ID'd. I went through the keys in Field Guid to the Orchids of Madagascar by Cribb and Hermans (in a hacky way). Information about Bulbophyllum (and orchids in general) from Madagascar is scarce, so I couldn't find many photos/illustrations/information of species listed in the field guide. But I think it is in section Ploiarium. Am I correct? It seems to be somewhat similar to B. aggregatum. The brief description in the field guide seems to be similar to this plant. Can anyone help me identify this species? Or if you know a good literature (website, books, primary literature) about Bulbophyllum from Madagascar, or a good person to contact, I would love to know.

[UPDATE; June 4, 2017] I contacted Dr. Gunter Fischer, and he thought the ID of B. aggregatum is correct. So I removed "cf".

Bulbophyllum aggregatum
on Flickr

Bulbophyllum aggregatum
on Flickr

Bulbophyllum aggregatum
on Flickr

Bulbophyllum aggregatum
on Flickr

The leaf is about 3-4cm long, the inflorescence is about 1.5-2cm.

Last edited:
Such beautiful photographs and an intriguing plant/flower. Like it!

You could try over here, but surely you already know this pages. But you could contact them!

Latest posts

Back