Best of all worlds - recommended Paphs for beginners? (Esp mottled-leaved ones.)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a new member, I'm just attracted by all these people called "Awarded Stud". That has to be a good place to start, no?

Always good to meet guys who come with references.

As a new member, I'm just attracted by all these people called "Awarded Stud". That has to be a good place to start, no?

Always good to meet guys who come with references.

Well i feel stupid now with my call handle.

Well i feel stupid now with my call handle.

We can swap if you want, I'm relatively humongous and most people call me Nat/Gnat anyway. Not sure if my handle is an improvement, though.

And while I'm happily married with no reason to anticipate otherwise in the future, historically my pick-up techniques were SO incredibly lame that reading this thread has elevated them substantially. :eek:

Delilah, if you're not already set on a Maudiae-type I'll throw in with the delenatii camp. In addition to beautiful foliage and flowers, many dels are pleasantly fragrant.

While delanatii is pretty easy for a species, I'd stick with the standard varieties. I have not found the album and vinicolor varieties to be as easy as the regular form. Also, the regular form is cheaper. Best not to spend more when starting out.

I wish I could make you feel better, but there's really nothing that can be done.

"Humongous gnat" is kind of an oximoron! :p
If you want to venture out of the Maudiae line go with Paph Pinnochio - They're pretty bulletproof as Paphs go and can be in spke/bloom for years.
I find album (albino) species pretty hardy but as a whole Parvis are not as easy as Maudiae hybrids.

I'll throw in for the Maudiae type of Paph and here is a typical "vini or wine" colored form of one.

(P.S. This is how you get the ladies, boys...show them a pretty flower)
p1060852i.jpg

Latest posts

Back