Back from the dead.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisFL

General Disarray
Reaction score
Hi folks.

If you hadn't noticed, I'd been gone. But no one really escapes orchids.

I lost my entire collection of rare treats. The green tree python also passed away unexpectedly.

In the meantime, I've gotten married, settled into a new house in Houston, and just returned from the honeymoon. Luckily, while on honeymoon, our house survived Harvey, but I have been helping gut houses that didn't in my spare time.

With the milder weather coming soon for shipping, I decided it is time to start collecting again.

We'll start indoors under a high output LED system.

Should I post my want list? This is not a beg list, I'll buy divisions :evil:

OK, hah, we'll start straight off the top of the head.

Bulbophyllum nitidum
Bulbophyllum alkmaarense
Bulbophyllum aristilabre
Bulbophyllum fritillariiflorum
Bulbophyllum pseudotrias
Bulbophyllum sp. 'Dos'
Bulbophyllum longicaudatum
Bulbophyllum streptosepalum
Bulbophyllum trachyanthum
Bulbophyllum tricanaliferum
Bulbophyllum unitubum (the real one, sometimes labeled as kermisinum)
Bulbophyllum reevei

Back with more later!

(yeah I wasn't a paph/phrag guy but this is a great forum nonetheless).

I will have a bulbo romyii, "in situ" am aos division available soon, if you would like

Hey Chris. Nice to see you back on the forum. I have a rather large plant of unitibum. I think I would be okay with chopping a piece off for you. Let me check it out when I get home and see how it looks. I may also have a division of Bulb. hians 'Tep Tep'. You can check it out on the AOS forum for SITF. My plant is the same one shown. I have a few extra comosum as well.

Chris C in the Phili area had a piece of psuedotrias available. He is on our forum from time to time. Not sure of his username though. He also sells on ebay.

Hi Chad! Yes I know that clone of hians. The one in the hobby was collected pre-CITES on Mt. Tep Tep in New Guinea. I believe it was cultivated first by Dale Borders. I would be happy to purchase any of those species if available.

Chris C. If you are out there... plz

I also wanted to say something else, in the past I have made a habit of selling plants/divisions, and I found I didn't like the culture/attitude of rare plant sellers, and I got burned by some unpleasant people. I vowed I would never sell another plant, but if they are growing well, I will be happy to offer divisions for free or for trade. Like something? I'll put your name on a tag and tell you what number you are in line. I'm too old and cynical for BS or games. The more people preserving difficult to find or grow species, the better.

I lot of people were incredibly generous to me in this hobby. And as demonstrated here, still are. I'm in a place were I can begin to pay it forward once the collection gets going.

Chris, are you finally out-of-school??? Still crusading for
climate change? I dearly hope so. Laima (Lucky Girl
Orchids) is going out of business and I think she has some
plants you might be interested in growing.

Good on you for helping dig people out of flood damage.
It's a really messy job, but you can feel like you've accomplished something at the end of the day.

Hi Angela! Yes, I have been all done for a few years now. I'm a research scientist managing an isotope/paleoclimate lab at a tier 1 University.

Latest posts

Back