• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Auction!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the unusual things plus the corybas probably could get other people interested, would help to split administrative and shipping costs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been talking to that vendor, KH Tan, about a spring order. If anyone is interested in grouping it with mine you can message me.

Could you all tell us whom you are talking about? I can't find info about "B&L" nursery. Is KH Tan the person who published Bulbo pollinator studies in Malaysia?

It seems to be a relatively new nursery. Has you (or anyone) dealt with this company? They do seem to go to Tokyo Orchid Show. I sent an email asking if they have any plan of coming to US shows.

Did Ooi Leng Sun stop carrying Corybas?

Mike's son did not have any at the last 2 shows I saw them at. I have not dealt with Beauty & Lovely yet, hope it goes well. I am checking some other sources out for Asian species also.

Dan Newman at Hanging Gardens does does but his correspondence is less than ideal, if at all.

I was also looking for culture info when I found 2 Corybas species (but they were DOA), and I couldn't find much info, neither.

Andrew (from OB, lives in AU and great with AU terrestrials ) is successful with AU species (C. incurvus).
http://www.orchidboard.com/community/miscellaneous-other-genera/51696-corybas-incurvus.html
And MagnusA (who posts here) is successful with C. hispidus. http://www.orchidboard.com/communit...10648-corybas-hispidus.html?highlight=Corybas
Goods (a ST member) could keep C. geminigibbus alive for a couple years.

I didn't check, but I think seem of B&L species are from more tropical origin than AU species (Andrew's and Magnus') Goods' is tropical origin (from Borneo), and I vaguely remember their culture is somewhat different (as expected).

Australian Corysanthes diemenica is usually available from http://www.myorchids.de/main1.htm in the summer.

I grew C. geminigibbus for three years (successfully put them in and brought them out of dormancy) consecutively back when I was in high school. I was never able to bloom them, and eventually the plant fizzled out. In hindsight, I don't think I provided nearly enough light, and that likely led to my blooming failure and the plant's failure.

I grew it in a 2" pot in pure sphag. That pot was placed in one of those Lowes carnivorous plant plastic "death cubes" totally sealed with an inch or so of Hydroton and a layer of water (hydroton kept the pot above the water line). I would water once when I saw the nub poking out of the sphag, close the cube and let it be practically all season. From time to time, I would open the cubes to vent it and add fresh air. The plant would signal when it was preparing to enter dormancy by the leaf getting ugly and eventually dying off. At this time, I'd open the cube to let the pot media dry slightly. Then, I'd replace the top on the cube and keep it in that humidity until I saw new growth next season.

I'd be possibly interested in trying again, and I think these would be well suited for culture in an aquarium/terrarium with an all-glass top and some of those screw in LED bulbs similar to those Ray sells.

Back