Angraecum arachnites ‘Evan Shievly’ FCC CCE AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incredible! Congrats on the superb culture, and the well-deserved awards!

My Angraecum and I had a good day yesterday. This plant is not something that one sees everyday So for your viewing pleasure:

View attachment 39454View attachment 39456
Wowzers.. had no clue they could get this massive. I’ve got one with 2-3 growths.. thanks for the inspiration. What type of slab have you mounted this on?.. if you have any growing tips. Would love to learn more when you have time. Thanks for sharing! And congratulations. 🎉

Wowzers.. had no clue they could get this massive. I’ve got one with 2-3 growths.. thanks for the inspiration. What type of slab have you mounted this on?.. if you have any growing tips. Would love to learn more when you have time. Thanks for sharing! And congratulations. 🎉
Pete,
I was pretty astonished myself. I would love to give you all my secrets but really don’t have any.
it came to me as a realitively mature plant 2 + years ago. If it bloomed for its previous owner I think it was sparse.
It is mounted on a cork slab. My GH night temp goes down to 42 F in winter. there is good ambient humidity and ventilation keeps the air buoyant. Where it’s hanging Light maybe 2000 FC. It might take more light but I haven’t moved it to see. Water quality is good but nothing special. I am not a consistent feeder.

in summary I think it might be a miracle….)))

Pete,
I was pretty astonished myself. I would love to give you all my secrets but really don’t have any.
it came to me as a realitively mature plant 2 + years ago. If it bloomed for its previous owner I think it was sparse.
It is mounted on a cork slab. My GH night temp goes down to 42 F in winter. there is good ambient humidity and ventilation keeps the air buoyant. Where it’s hanging Light maybe 2000 FC. It might take more light but I haven’t moved it to see. Water quality is good but nothing special. I am not a consistent feeder.

in summary I think it might be a miracle….)))
Love it! Too funny... thanks for the details, this detail is actually very helpful. I’m going try and follow your lead with the mount. Cheers to Life GOALS!

150165DC-7A17-4AC6-B8B9-3DCDAB782090.jpeg

I once had a good size plant too but it never bloomed like yours...Well done and congrats!

Latest posts

Back