Angr. didieri & Restrepia striata :)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mrs. Paph

Thought I'd show off some of my 'other' 'chids in bloom :)

This is the first Angr. I've had, bought a little over a year ago, and I'm Really liking it! Thanks so much to whichever enabler on here posted such nice pictures of this and I think a couple other small species in this genus and mentioned how wonderfully they grow, and fit, under lights LoL Now I think I need more :)

It was fascinating watching the spike development on this plant! There are now 3 spike initials, and this is the middle one blooming now. I'm not sure if the other two will start up and go or not, as even the one blooming now lay dormant for quite some time before practically exploding into bloom :p It matured Very quickly once it progressed past just breaking through the outer leaf, and I could see it develop by the day - the spur forming coiled up in the bud, then seems along the petals, then BAM. It had slight splits in the side one morning, I went to our local society meeting (without it to display :( lol) and came home to find it Wide open. I think it opened so quickly with such force, that that's why the petals stayed reflexed for 3 day afterward. They settled in a much less reflexed stance :)

This next picture isn't spectacular by any means, but my Restrepia striata is putting on quite a show despite me not having ideal humidity/temps for this type, so I thought I'd post it anyway since I'm proud it's dealing well enough to bloom freely :) Tried to get a closeup of a couple of the blooms... It's starting to throw more unwrinkled leaves lately too - I've been more patient about watering, going over it lightly once, watering some other things and then watering it again. Seems to help it soak up more moisture to combat my drier indoor environment.

Nice. What is the humidity in your room? are they just mounted on your paph shelves?

Both are pretty. I let mine soak in water for a while then hang them up again.

Thanks everyone! Goods - I love the texture of the roots too! As for humidity and watering, they're hanging in the same area as my Paphs :) Usual indoor humidity, not what I'd like even with a 'multi-room' humidifier, but it's workable obviously. It takes forever leaving all the little mounted plants I have soaking, but it seems to be helping to take one down, water it, water a Paph or two and come back and get it again before hanging it back up and moving to the next one! I water them really good roughly every other day, but mist at least once a day usually.

Latest posts

Back