• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

An amazing complex flask - Flame Freezing sibs - $200

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Reaction score
I was so excited to see Tokyo Orchid Nursery at the Santa Barbara Fair and I might have bought more than I should have...

I have one flask of Flame Freezing 'Mega' x Flame Freezing 'Red CHallenger' GM/JOGA for sale - its original price is $200 and I'm selling it for $200. This is a sib cross of one of the finest red grexes out there. I'm sorry to be selling it but the bank account needs some help right now...

In addition, this is also one of the finest grown flasks I've ever seen, and the seedlings inside it are ready for 2.5" pots immediately.

Please email [email protected] if interested...

-Tim

Tim, You might get a better response if you can show a photo of the flask and or the parents. I'm starting to feel a little better about growing from flask. Too bad I didn't know they were there and selling flasks as I might have had someone pick up one for me. That said, I'm sorry but red complex are my least favorit. Where all the flasks that expensive?

Hey Guys,
I don’t really know too much about breeding red complex Paphiopedilums, but the „Line“ of Flame Freezing very heavily focuses on super-round and humongous flowers at the same time. To be using a Japanese Gold Medal Cultivar within this line of breeding does more or less guarantee that flasks will fetch that sort of money without much room for discounts. Were it not a question of fashion, the reds would probably fetch the same money as whites and yellows are commanding these days. Personally I’m okay with the old English reds, but this breeding for ever bigger flowers in complex breeding does very little for me. As a matter of fact: I don’t like the spikes going shorter all the time. In the case of the so-called modern reds, I can’t tell where red ends, and going into the brown tones becomes a matter of “having to” in order to not end up in a cul-de-sac…

Here's a Link to that Gold Medal Plant:

AIMG_8002.jpg

Whites are more expensive not because of fashion. They are harder to breed for the same size, shape and lack of color. Also the yield tends to be low
Hey Guys,
I don’t really know too much about breeding red complex Paphiopedilums, but the „Line“ of Flame Freezing very heavily focuses on super-round and humongous flowers at the same time. To be using a Japanese Gold Medal Cultivar within this line of breeding does more or less guarantee that flasks will fetch that sort of money without much room for discounts. Were it not a question of fashion, the reds would probably fetch the same money as whites and yellows are commanding these days. Personally I’m okay with the old English reds, but this breeding for ever bigger flowers in complex breeding does very little for me. As a matter of fact: I don’t like the spikes going shorter all the time. In the case of the so-called modern reds, I can’t tell where red ends, and going into the brown tones becomes a matter of “having to” in order to not end up in a cul-de-sac…

Here's a Link to that Gold Medal Plant:

AIMG_8002.jpg

Latest posts

Back