An all-time favorite, any guesses?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
I've said too much already!!
P1070233.jpg

P1070222.jpg

I don't know you all. My tag says Maudiae 'Magnificum' AM/AOS. I've had the 'Queen' and its a larger plant and flower. Of course, it could of been mis-labeled!

i was gonna say 'Magnificum' - this is much smaller, esp. petal width than 'The Queen', and 'The Queen' is much lighter in color.

I think you have the correct label.

yeah i think so...they're pretty consistently different...harder from a photo, obvious in person given the size difference of the flowers alone.

Since "The Queen" has become a little more common in collections, we have tended to forget how good "Magnificum" actually is. It was my first paph, and the first paph I was able to bloom, so it has significance for me.

Well, of course, size and depth of colour is difficult to judge from a photo, online. I thought of 'Magnificum'; but, decided that this one had such nice, balanced shape, it must be 'The Queen'. Had there been something in the photo as a size reference, I might have gone with 'Magnificum'. It's a beautifully bloomed 'Magnificum'!

Back